Family Planning Association of Nepal (FPAN) envisages a world where every women, men and young person has right and access to sexuality and reproductive health information and services in which SRH choices are fully respected, stigma and discrimination have no place, and all people have better quality of life. It is committed to improve the quality of lives of individuals through SRH information and services especially for poor, marginalize and vulnerable people in underserved areas. It defends to the right of all young people to enjoy their sexual lives free from ill health, unwanted pregnancy, violence and discrimination, to empower women to exercise their SRH rights to terminate unwanted pregnancies legally and safely at affordable cost, and to eliminate STIs and to eradicate HIV and AIDS. FPAN is a leading national NGO in the field of sexual and reproductive health and it contributes about 25-30% in national family planning programs.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Vacancy Announcement for Family Planning Association of Nepal (FPAN)Executive Director
(First Date of Publication: 22nd June 2020)
Family Planning Association of Nepal, established in 1959 and a member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is the pioneer leading national Non-Government Organization working in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). It has presence in 33 districts of Nepal with contribution up to 25 percent in family planning and reproductive health services. FPAN is governed through its Constitution, and IPPF strategic policy guidelines and code of good governance.FPAN’s strategy, policy, plan and programme are approved by the Central Committee and endorsed by the CentralAssembly. FPAN is seeking a qualified, experienced, energetic and dynamic person having multi-skills and strong managerial leadership to serve as the Executive Director (ED) of FPAN. This shall be a performance based contractual assignment for two years. The EDshall be responsible for theoverall management of FPAN.
- PhD in public health/medicine/management/economics/social science/law with at least 5 years of experiences in the managerial position or Master degree in similar academic qualifications with 10 years of experiences in the managerial position or Charter Accountant with 10 years experiences in the managerial position,
- Demonstrated experiences in modern approaches to change management,
- Highly experienced in management of donor funded projects, network building and resource mobilization,
- Experiences gained in developing policy framework, action plans, guidelines and management of family planning related activities,
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent knowledge of English, Nepali and local languages. Knowledge of other international language would be an added advantage,
- Good computer skills (Ms word, Ms excel, PowerPoint)
- Nepali citizenship.
- Candidates not exceeding 62 years of age as last date of application.
Interested candidates are required to submitan Employee Application Form with latest CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of the first publication of this notice. Terms of Reference and Application Form can be downloaded from www.fpan.org or visit to the Human Resource Division, FPAN Office, Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Phone: 977-1-5010302, 977-1-5010092.
Only short-listed candidates will receive information for further selection process. FPAN encourages application from women, ethnic minorities, people living with HIV and sexual minorities.
Attempt to influence at any stage of the selection process will negate the cause of the candidate. FPAN reserves all rights to accept or reject any or all applications.