Everest Club was established in 1993 as a non-profit organization and registered at District Administration Office Dailekh and focused on improving socio-economic status of marginalized people. Everest Club (EC), Dailekh is working in the area of renewal WASH promotion, hygiene behavior change coalition, income generation, health and nutrition, adolescent sexual reproductive health, violence against women and girls, policy based advocacy, income generation, entrepreneurship development, Marketing and networking. It works on the basis that water and sanitation are human rights, and are essential services vital for health, nutrition, education and livelihoods. Everest Club is working as local partner of SNV Nepal for implementation of the DFAT Australia’s Water for Women Fund supported - Beyond the Finish Line (BFL) - Inclusive and Sustainable Rural Water Supply Services project in four Rural Municipalities of Dailekh. In addition to BFL projects regular planned interventions, SNV and EC aim to support Health Facilities (HFs) in order to address COVID-19 related challenges, by supporting infection prevention in all the HFs in one target RM in line with DFAT COVID 19 priorities. This includes improving capacity and facilities for both WASH infrastructure and infection prevention practices. The project complements the Beyond the Finish Line’s objective to improve access to water supply, handwashing with soap and menstrual hygiene management, by adding further focus on HFs and COVID-19 prevention, and to develop the capacity of RMs for WASH in HFs. Everest Club (EC), Dailekh invites applications for the following position.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position : Engineer -1
Qualification and Key Competencies:
The Engineer will be responsible for capacity building, implementation, and quality control of: survey, design, drawing, cost estimates, construction and operation of accessible WASH infrastructure improvement works in the health facilities in selected Rural Municipality of Dailekh. The Engineer will work under the technical guidance and follow the quality parameters of SNV’s WASH Engineer for COVID 19 initiative .The infrastructure improvement works will include new construction/renovation of water supply system from source to point-of-use in HFs, toilets and on-site sanitation system, handwashing facilities, drinking water facilities, menstrual hygiene management, drainage, and onsite collection, treatment and disposal of health care waste. All WASH infrastructure will be in compliance with the service parameters of national guidelines on WASH in HFs, COVID-19 protocols, accessible infrastructure and demonstrate best practice. Accessible/inclusive WASH infrastructure is based on universal design principles and addresses the needs of all users, including women, children, and people with disabilities.
The Engineer will directly report to the BFL Project Coordinator at EC and work closely with the project teams at EC and SNV WASH Engineer and District WASH Advisor. S/he will engage closely with stakeholders from RM including elected officials, technical staff, Health Facilities and Disability People Organizations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Organize and implement trainings at RM level for quality assurance of inclusive WASH infrastructure planning, design, and construction.
2. Provide follow up and mentoring support to RM stakeholders for quality monitoring of inclusive WASH infrastructure planning, design, and construction
3. Conduct survey, detailed design, and BOQ for inclusive WASH infrastructure in the 2 target HFs. WASH infrastructure survey, design, budget estimation as per the technical guidelines.
4. Ensure all field level activities for construction in 2 target HFs are completed with quality, on time (including stakeholder engagement, labour and material procurement, orientation to construction site team, storage/stock keeping, site documentation, progress monitoring, payments, conflict resolution, etc.)
5. Supervise quality of construction and provide guidance to Construction Supervisor during construction in the 2 target HFs, and build practical capacity of local RM stakeholders in quality assurance during the process.
6. Organise and implement trainings for RM and HF stakeholders for operation and maintenance of the improved WASH infrastructure in the 2 target HFs and use them for building capacity of RM for ensuring inclusive and functioning WASH infrastructure for all HFs in their jurisdiction.
7. Conduct survey, detailed design, and BOQ for inclusive WASH infrastructure improvement for all HFs in the selectedRM and build practical capacity of local RM team during the process.
8. Collaborate with SNV WASH Engineer and District WASH Advisor for technical aspects in order to better support RM and Health Facilities.
9. Use theory and practice to support strengthening of mainstream BFL project.
10. Complete all documentation as per Project requirements.
1. Civil Engineering with minimum 2 years’ experience in survey, design, estimation, drawing and construction of building and WASH (Gravity fed schemes, RWH, Tube Well) projects. 2. Experience in monitoring projects implemented by communities and local government (health facilities) will be given priority. 3. Experience in conducting trainings of RM stakeholders and multi-stakeholder engagement. 4. Experience in Gender and Social Inclusion in WASH service provision will be added value. 5. Willingness and ability to travel frequently to construction sites. 6. Good communication/team work skill. 7. Ability to work under pressure and within the tight time frame.
Report to: Project Coordinator BFL-ARWSS, EC
Duty Station: Selected RM in Dailekh with frequent field visit Health Facilities.
Contract Type: as per EC HR policy
Contract duration: Approx.8 months (till June 2021)
How to Apply:Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to apply with the updated CV (not more than 3 page) and a cover letter (not more than 1 page) by 5th November 2020 at email@example.com or directly drop at the office of Everest Club, Dailekh.
Please note the position recruitment is dependent on approval of donor contract.For more detail please contact on 089420247; 9848041631
Hand Hygiene for All, #HH4A
"हातको सरसफाइ सबैका लागि - साबुन पानी हात, सधैं साथसाथ "