Economist/Political Economy Analyst
Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: Economist/Political Economy Analyst
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek an Economist/Political Economy Analyst for the upcoming Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) Assessment – Nepal 2019.
- Provide political economy analysis (PEA) subject matter expertise to the assessment team by integrating knowledge of Nepali issues into the assessment design and activities.
- Work with the CAMRIS MEL Activity field office and USAID/Nepal’s DRG team to plan and conduct the assessment.
- Review key documents for this assessment.
- Lead the political economy analysis described in interlinked area #2 mentioned above in the overview section (step 2 of the DRG assessment).
- Support the design and pilot testing of data collection tools in the field.
- Conduct key informant interviews with prominent stakeholders.
- Code and analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Present findings and recommendations to the USAID/Nepal Mission.
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the assessment report.
- A master’s degree in economics, political science, or a closely related field with demonstrated competence in PEA or similar assessment frameworks.
- At least seven years of experience as a member of an evaluation/assessment team, particularly in the domain of DRG in Nepal.
- Experience leading or serving as a technical expert in political economy assessments.
- Firm knowledge of political economic development in Nepal.
- Strong facilitation and team-playing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; writing samples, and three professional references, will be requested.
Qualified and interested professionals are requested to apply by June 22, 2019 at the following link