Details / requirements:
AWO International was founded in 1998 as a professional association for development cooperation and humanitarian action within the framework of the German Welfare Organization “Arbeiterwohlfahrt” (AWO, literally: Workers’ Welfare). AWO International has been actively working in Nepal since 2009.
In close cooperation with Governments and Local Non-Governmental Organizations, AWO International is working with different communities and target groups across the country. In the event of disasters and crisis situations, AWO International is actively engaged in Humanitarian Assistance.
Position: Driver – 1 Position
Job Location: AWO International Country Office, Nepal with regular travel to the project region
Summary of Position: The driver is responsible for driving the official vehicle and is responsible for keeping the vehicle in proper operating condition. He /she is also responsible for admin support work during leisure time in the office.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Drive AWO International vehicles in project field sites/official mission and other official duties assigned by the supervisor and AWO International management;
- Safely drive assigned office vehicles by following set rules and regulations. The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to team/staff and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, a sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and personnel Safety and Security issues;
- The driver also demonstrates courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different religions, traditions, languages and cultural backgrounds;
- Maintain vehicle logbook regularly, perform daily inspections on all vehicles and ensure the vehicles are in proper operation and technically in good condition;
- Ensure that all cars are properly cleaned, and maintained and that any need for repairs is outlined and reported;
- Assist staff/team in boarding authorized persons to and from the vehicle, ensuring their safety and well-being;
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities; and
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
Admin Support (During leisure time)
- Assist in proper scanning and documentation of the vouchers;
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the office’s surroundings.
- Must have a valid driving license;
- At least 10 years of experience in Nepal in All road conditions as a driver in National/International Organizations;
- Valid driving license without any legal actions in past;
- Knowledge of vehicle machines, parts and basics of maintenance;
- Willingness to travel outside the valley as required;
- Ability to read and write English and Nepali with basic English language speaking skills gives additional weightage in selection. Having completed SEE/SLC would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills; and
- Must not be engaged or have a track record in any kind of criminal offence, illegal activities and unlawful action.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This announcement should not be construed in any way to represent the basis of a contract of employment.
AWO International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
If you are interested and match the defined criteria, please submit an application including realistic salary expectations and a handwritten CV with 2 reference contacts 30 Nov 2023 as soft copies to the following E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org