Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal Driver Vacancy
Ipas works globally with a vision that every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. As part of the broader reproductive justice movement, Ipas is working to ensure that abortion and contraceptive care are essential health services—and that all people can access them. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights. Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender based violence prevention and response, and women-led climate justice.
The Driver is responsible to drive Ipas Nepal’s vehicle and ensure that the vehicle is in proper condition. S/he should ensure cleanliness of the vehicle on daily basis and oversee routine maintenance and servicing of the vehicle.
Job Title: Driver
Location: Ipas Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
Terms: Contract till June 30 2023 (Renewable subject to performance, fund availability)
Reporting: Finance and Admin Officer
- Drive Ipas Nepal vehicle in Kathmandu and outside in the field.
- Ensure vehicle is in proper good condition and the vehicle security.
- Maintain vehicle log book regularly.
- Deliver office mails, parcels and go on office errands to the bank and other places as necessary.
- Report vehicle problem immediately to the supervisor.
- Timely renew and update vehicle tax and clean sticker.
- Fulfil the transport needs and carry out the driving requirements of the office as directed by the supervisor.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the interior and exterior.
- Ensure vehicles are kept in good working order; regularly check lights, indicators, brakes, tire pressure, oil, battery and radiator and report any defects to the supervisor.
- Conduct trips using the shortest possible route and avoid unnecessary deviations and multiple trips to minimize mileage and time wastage.
- Follow the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notify the supervisor immediately and render assistance where necessary.
- Ensure that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable outlets in liaison with the supervisor
- Make sure that all the necessary tools box and first- aid box required in the event of emergency are available in the vehicle and updated on regular basis.
- Bank deposits and payment work as per needed.
- Any other responsibility directed by supervisor.
- Should be able to read and write general English and Nepali.
- Candidate with SLC/SEE completion certificate will be preferred.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- A minimum of 3 years of driving experience.
- Previous experience of working in I/NGO will be preferred.
- Must have skills and knowledge in vehicle maintenance; ability to do simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle.
- Must be conversant with all traffic regulations and the Highway rules.
- Willing to travel outside the valley as required.
- Proven employment record in similar position.
Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as “Application for Driver”. Please make an online application and submit your documents through the link given:
Application deadline is Thursday, 26 January 2023
Commitment to diversity and social inclusion
Ipas Nepal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we want to achieve this by aligning diversity and inclusion through affirmative actions in our recruitment and selection process. To initiate this positive action, we have a provision for affirmative actions for socially excluded and marginalized groups. To make an inclusive workforce that includes the marginalized, disadvantaged and socially excluded population and women. To bring people from various social backgrounds, gender, caste/ethnicity, cultures, religions, and races. To bring gender balance and social inclusion in the workforce composition.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.