District Project Officer, Inclusive Education
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial not for profit organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries worldwide. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. HI has been present in Nepal since 2000. HI works in partnership with the authorities and local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency situations to respond to the essential needs of vulnerable populations, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI Nepal invites applications from qualified and competent candidates for the following position:
1. District Project Officer, Inclusive Education– 1 position
District Project Officer for inclusive education has overall responsibility of execution the project activities as per the program design of Strengthening Inclusive Education Nepal (SIKAI) Project. This position holder will be stationed in the partner’s office in the Sarlahi district to carry out day to day functions. As the representatives of the consortium for this project, this position requires strong leadership and coordination role with all the key stakeholders such as formal/non-formal education, health authority, local authorities and consortium team.
Location: Sarlahi with regular field visits to working municipalities
Contract Duration: 3 years with a possibility of extension
- Support the partner in planning the project activities and ensure the implementation of the project activities in the district level in close coordination with district partners.
- Coordinate with working municipalities, schools, DPOsand other key stakeholders for the smooth implementation of the project
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits with aim for improving performance, activities tracking, quality achievement, and sustainability of the project
- Ensure the implementation of specific project Monitoring Requirements
- Coordinate with the partner to meet the reporting requirements, provide feedback and submit the necessary reports to the Line Manager in a prescribed template
- Liaise with centre level HI project team concerning project planning, budgeting, and implementation
- Initiate/facilitate exchanges and linkages across the different initiatives taking place in districts in terms of Inclusive Education and children with disabilities.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- 3-4 years of working experience on Education thematic projects
- Experience in Disability Inclusion will be given priority
- Proven experience in the local resource mobilization and partnership at the local level
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Maintain effective working relationship within a multi-cultural environment
- Strong training, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines
- Ability to ride a motorcycle/scooter would be an advantage
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for, expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than 18th August 2020. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
HI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.