Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Purpose of Role (“Mission Critical”): This role is to enhance the dynamic infrastructure our applications run on, and ensure stability, consistency, and security of our Production systems.
- Administer and build development Continuous Integration pipelines of moderate complexity.
- Setup build plans, assist developers with failures and manage software configurations.
- Ensure end-to-end deployments succeed and AWS resources come up in an automated fashion.
- Provide input on Cloud environment setup and implementation plan.
- Support developers with server troubleshooting and application errors due to environmental issues.
- Debug Production Outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis.
- Monitor Production Environment and take action to keep systems stable and running.
- Implement Production Migrations (off-hours) and provide off-hour support when needed to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications.
- Support developers with dev tools setup to enable application development, such as Git repositories or Monitoring tool configuration.
- Coordinate and collaborate extensively with Agile Development Teams to ensure teams adhere to CICD guidelines in following DevOps processes
- Recommend and implement automated means that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including scripting, integration, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
- 3 years of proven experience with Linux Administration, Windows Administration, and IIS Management. Deep understanding of IIS concepts and settings.
- 3 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – EC2, S3, Cloud Formation
- Moderately experienced in: Bash, Chef, Powershell, Python, XML, Web concepts such as REST APIs and SPA, HTTP Get and Post
- Skilled with Development tools and methodologies, such as XML config files, Rest API calls, HTTP Headers and Response Codes
- Proven experience and understanding with Continuous Integration/Deployment Technologies: Atlassian Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, MSBuild, NUnit, GIT, Maven, Docker.
- Must have passion for technology and focused on automation.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Preferably certified in AWS skills
Note: Collaboration with US team - need to work in US time zone for few months in order to get training/project knowledge
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
|Category||Information Technology, Engineering - Software|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B.E. in Computer Science|
|Posted Date||03 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||02 Apr, 2023|