Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position Title: Design Lead
Reports to: Program Director
Works closely with: Cross Expertise team, Program team
Direct Reports: Learning Design Specialist (based in the Philippines)
Location: Regional Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia OR Regional Office, Suva, Fiji OR Head Office, Sydney, Australia OR from home in any Good Return country of operations (Nepal, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Nauru and Papua New Guinea). Up to 50% of time traveling within Asia-Pacific region and occasional travel outside the region to participate in industry events.
Level of Effort: Full time
Scope of position:
The Design Lead works across all Good Return activities to ensure high quality, compelling and impactful learning through face-to-face training or using digital tools (e-learning, apps, etc). The content is focused on the core area of financial capability for individuals, households and small business owners. S/he is responsible for the quality of content and the content development process. S/he manages the Design team (1 Learning Design Specialist as of January 2021). S/he will proactively share their expertise to build the Program team’s capacity.
1. Create and support the creation of outstanding learning content (50%)
In collaboration with the Program team, and especially the Program Managers (CAFE Initiative, RIF Academy, Impact Investment):
- Lead or conduct learners needs and resources assessment, design the overall educational campaign framework/messaging and determine the suitable delivery channels. Create and/or support the creation of engaging learning activities and compelling course content for traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, app-based or web-based learning and other programs as needed, including exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- A Human Centered Design (HCD) approach must be used and applied utilising instructional design theory, practice and methods
- Ensure the use of variety of engaging content
- When necessary, work with Subject Matter Experts
- Define and coordinate the work of creative design contractors (e.g. video, audio, animation, graphic designers, illustrators, etc) to produce new content or revise existing content
- For each piece of content, determine and implement the appropriate learner assessment tools (e.g. quizzes, activities etc.), and use the assessment results for reporting purposes
- Develop all the necessary documentation such as training, facilitation, & user (i.e.learner or audience) manuals
- Coordinate with the Program team and Good Return partners to scope emerging opportunities for content design
- Number of learner needs assessments conducted
- Number of learning modules created
- Number of related-training materials produced (e.g.user & training manuals, graphics, other assets)
2. Ensure quality in creation and delivery of content (30%)
- Test, revise and enhance existing content on a continuous basis including review of technology or instructional methods and delivery channels used
- Ensure that HCD and behaviour change good practices are embedded in every content piece developed by Good Return
- With the support of Social Inclusion focal points, ensure that social inclusion - including gender, disability, cultural diversity, low literacy - are taken into account in every content piece proposed by Good Return
- Ensure that all users of Good Return material have an outstanding user experience
- Create all relevant internal quality control processes
- If necessary, ensure the training of trainers
- Number of content pieces improved
- % of content pieces compliant with HCD, behaviour change and social inclusion practices
- Creation and implementation of internal processes on content development
3. Build knowledge and capacity of Good Return in Design (20%)
- Work with the Program Team to strengthen their knowledge and practice in instructional design, Human Centered Design, Behaviour Change and other relevant Design topics, through training delivery, one-on-one coaching or through other methods
- Create, populate and maintain documentation of all the aspects of the role in Google Team Drive including archiving and management of all originally developed assets (e.g. graphics, icons, etc.) for all Good Return’s learning content.
- Provide technical inputs and feedback on the development of new initiatives
- Contribute to management reports and compliance reviews
- Keep abreast of emerging instructional technologies and innovations and make recommendations about when to adopt certain systems to continue to offer the best learning experience possible
- Present Good Return’s work at regional conferences, or support the presentation of Good Return’s work
- Number of internal trainings delivered on Instructional Design related matters
- Number of external presentations delivered on Good Return’s approach and results
- Technical reports/updates on new initiatives, management reports and compliance reviews
4. Other duties relevant to the position as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong technical ability and track record in instructional design, content and curriculum design
- Strong track record on delivering Human Centered Design projects
- Solid understanding of theory and approaches to drive behaviour change
- Solid understanding and experience using IT-based learning solutions - e-learning, chatbots, apps, social media, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Great ability in storyboarding, a creative mind
- Commitment to Good Return’s vision of a world without poverty, and promoting social inclusion particularly gender and disability considerations
- Proactive and enthusiastic team member
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Relevant qualifications
- Interested applicants should apply exclusively through Smart Recruiters - link on our website https://www.goodreturn.org.au/work-with-us
- Provide your Cover Letter and CV addressing how you meet the criteria for the position. Cover Letters can be written in the message section or uploaded together with a CV file.
- Please indicate how you heard about this position.
- Enquiries can be directed via the Good Return website https://goodreturn.org.au/contact/
- Applications close: Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed continually.
- Good Return is an inclusive organisation. We strive to build a team that truly represents our diverse society and those of the Asia-Pacific communities we operate in. We actively encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability and sexuality. If you require adjustments to the recruitment or interview process to accommodate your specific needs, let us know and we will try to provide them.
- Good Return is a child safe organisation. Our recruitment processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse; successful candidates will need to comply with our Child Protection Policy and undergo pre-employment checks.