Deputy Country Director
Detailed Job description / requirements:
As a representative of the Foundation in Nepal, the Deputy Country Director (d-CD) leads and manages the team, the partnerships, all programmes carried out in the country, and ensures its funding coverage. Under the supervision of the Head Multi Country Delegation (MCD) India and Nepal, the d-CD will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and implementation of Terre des hommes programs in Nepal. The d-CD advises and assists the Head of MCD in the definition of programs, projects, operational and institutional strategies, in line with Tdh’s global, regional strategy and policies. The d-CD has direct managerial responsibilities for and supervision over the program staff based on the organization’s organigram and oversees the overall financial and administrative management of the Nepal Country Office.
Reporting to: Head of MCD India and Nepal
Work Station: Kathmandu with frequent travels in project locations
- Country office operations: Ensures effective, efficient and high-quality implementation of programme activities within the Nepal Country Offiice, as well as leading the team in an inspiring way in coordination with the MCD and regional colleagues.
- Program development and Fund raising:
- Lead the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation, in collaboration with the MCD, region and Headquarters, ensuring the country action plan and strategy are in line with the MCD and Tdh’s global strategy
- Coordinates the development of the Programme including developing project proposals and achieving fund raising results.
- In coordination with the MCD and Headquarters, directs the fundraising and the negotiations with funding partners present in the area of intervention.
- Project Implementation:
- Ensure the quality of projects in terms of planning, monitoring, implementation and partners’ management, impacts, efficiency and reporting, in line with Tdh standards and with donors’ requirements.
- Controls the application and supervision of signed agreements between Tdh and its partners and local/national authorities.
- Supervises the correct financial management of the Country Office and the funds provided for it.
- Human resources management: Ensures the professional development and coaching of any collaborator under their responsibility, from the recruiting to the final collaboration reports. Uses good practices so that their management respects the values of Tdh. Applies and ensures the implementation of staff management policies within the delegation.
- Representation and networking: To establish and maintain good representation of Tdh Nepal Office with relevant forums, Government bodies, technical work groups, NGOs, INGOs, and with Donors in Nepal.
- Coordination: Ensures the correct flow of operational information within the Country Office, with the MCD, Region and with Headquarters (especially for institutional reporting).
- Fosters the correct communication and visibility of the projects and the foundation.
- Ensure for the implementation of policies on security, child protection, fraud prevention and Gender& Diversity and any other Tdh’s or Donors policies
Required experience for the position:
- Master’s degree in Management, Development Studies, Sociology or related discipline(s)
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks and building alliances.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior management position.
- Experience of managing development programming, advocacy, humanitarian and other interventions within an INGO.
- Experience of working with institutional and private donors.
- Knowledge of Child Protection, Migration, Access to Justice, Health, WASH and Emergency Response programs.
- Experience in successfully managing various forms of partnership with National and International NGOs.
- Strong team leadership qualities;
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills);
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
- Child Safeguarding policy:
- To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; Excellent oral and written skills in English and Nepali.
- Solid computer literacy skills, excel, word & PPT.
Deadline for application: Applications accepted on rolling bases until position is filled. Mention the position title in the subject line when applying via email (pdf file).
Expected Starting date: This position needs to be filled as soon as possible, there is no deadline to submit your application, however applications will be assessed as they are received and based on merit interviews and selection will be done until the position is filled.
Please email your signed copies of CV/Resume and a cover letter to:
Country Delegate in Nepal
Terre des hommes (Tdh)
All employees of Tdh must adhere to the Tdh child safeguarding and risk management policies. Prior to appointment, a thorough background check will be made to ensure the successful candidate is suitable to have contact with children.
Tdh promotes workforce diversity.Tdh provides a safe working environment for all its employees; following the principle of equal opportunity Women, persons living with a disability, religious minorities, people living with HIV AIDS and candidates from the LBGQ community are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone queries will be entertained. The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect its commitment towards child protection. Tdh reserves the rights not to select any of the candidates.
The nature of humanitarian aid work is unpredictable. A high degree of flexibility is expected by employees to meet the demands of the organization and the work it carries out.