Deputy Chief of Party
Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360 is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded education activity in Nepal. The activity outcomes will include improved early grade reading instruction, improved national and district early grade reading service delivery, and increased family and community support for early grade reading.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) makes operational decisions and manages the various technical components of the program, including subcontracts. The DCOP provides technical leadership in assuring high quality educational programming in Nepal and is responsible for management of the technical activities and implementation of the project. He/she ensures that program components are results-oriented, ensures high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting. This individual will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas, providing high-level technical guidance to all reading activities, and ensuring synergies and cohesion between the various result areas described above. This individual shall participate and engage in technical meetings and maintain positive relationships with officials, partners, and implementing partners. The DCOP will, at times, act as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP. The DCOP will be based in Nepal.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in early grade reading-related field required.
- At least ten years’ experience with technical and/or operational issues related to international education, literacy, development work, policy development, and community engagement.
- Must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract management.
- A strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Demonstrated experience implementing activities of similar scope, in Nepal or a similar context
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English required.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.