Detailed Job description / requirements:
Chemonics International seeks a decentralization director for the anticipated USAID/Nepal Early Grade Learning Activity in Nepal. This five-year activity seeks to provide technical assistance in the education sector to strengthen the capacity of national, provincial, and municipal government entities to improve learning outcomes for early grade students. This position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee and support provincial and district level activities to increase the capacity of municipal governments to deliver early grade learning services
- Regularly interface and maintain relationships with provincial and municipal governments, schools in targeted municipalities, and other program stakeholders
- Ensure project compliance with both USAID and Chemonics’ contractual and administrative requirements
- Facilitate information sharing among decentralized staff to enable learning about effective practices across districts
- Support the chief of party to organize and lead learning events (internal and external to project staff) to build understanding of effective, evidence-based practices in early grade education
- Advanced degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development, teacher professional development or other relevant technical fields preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience providing technical assistance and capacity-building services to municipalities, preferably in areas of education management/policy and learning development
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively with government stakeholders
- Fluency in Nepali and English is required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Decentralization Director” in the subject line to NepalEGLRecruit@chemonics.com by December 15, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.