Database Administrator, Associate Software Engineer(.Net), Associate Software Engineer, Associate Business Analyst & Client Support Specialist
Hitachi ABB Power Grids (www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com) is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. We are looking for following professionals to join our Nepal Office Team.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
1. DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- Should have at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in Database Administration and managing multiple MS SQL 2016 (or higher) RDBMS on large systems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Knowledge of index management, integrity checks, statistics, configuration.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication, Partitioning.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, SSMS, PerfMon, DMVs, and system sprocs).
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
2. ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER (.NET)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of .NET Framework using C#.
- Proven record on working Win Form Desktop application.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Patterns and Principles.
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries with readable code.
- Should have sound knowledge of MS SQL Server T-SQL programming language (large stored procedures, triggers, complex joins).
- Knowledge of Office COM Add-Ins, Windows Service Programming and Application Installer is a plus.
- Basic understanding of SQL CLR (Common Language Runtime).
- Familiarity with web services (SOAP, REST) and API testing tools (e.g. SOAPUI, Postman, Fiddler etc.).
- Should have at least 1 year of work experience on real world projects.
- Familiarity with code versioning systems (e.g. SVN, Git etc.).
3. ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Involve in the designing, coding and debugging of the software
- Improve the performance of existing software
- Maintain and upgrade the existing software
- Take ownership of projects for its timely delivery including (but not limited to) planning, estimation, development approach, assignment, reporting etc.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server T-SQL programming language (stored procedures, triggers, joins).
- Good command over Microsoft Office Applications Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills, Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
- A multitasker, and team player who has patience and ability to handle job pressure.
4. ASSOCIATE BUSINESS ANALYST
- Assist the programming team in developing business software’s that involve complex accounting and financial logics. This would typically involve the documentation and presentation of the core end to end business process.
- Assist in preparing software documentations like functional reports, system design reports, training materials, user manuals, test plans etc.
- Work side by side with developers to move the project ahead.
- Test business software, i.e., develop test cases, compare against the software outputs, document and communicate anomalies to the reporting officer.
- Provide support to software users, i.e., answer client queries relating to the use of the software and render resolutions, as required.
- Understand and analyze client requirement
- Prepare detailed requirement by talking to concerned people.
- Provide support to client for software issues.
- Provide timely project status to concerned parties.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in IT Management, Business Administration, project management with specialization in MIS, Preference will be given to MBA graduates.
- At least 1 year of experience in relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Good command over Microsoft Office applications
- Any prior software testing knowledge/basic programming concept would be distinct advantage.
5. CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST [NIGHT SHIFT]
- Work closely with Business, Developer, Quality Control and System Administration team to ensure resolution of any client issues or questions
- Act as “first line of defense” for client questions and technical issues.
- Respond to client inquiries with timeliness and professionalism
- Advocate on behalf of clients and collaborate with other internal teams on process improvements to enhance the client experience
- Bachelors degree in any discipline or equivalent (Freshers and candidates awaiting results can also apply)
- Should possess excellent command in written and spoken English
- Should have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Basic knowledge of on-screen capture and video editing tools is a plus
- Available for both day (9 am to 6 pm) and night (8 pm to 5 am) shifts
Besides offering a stimulating learning experience and a competitive pay, Pioneer also offers many benefits and perks including:
- 5 working days/week
- Lunch allowance
- Travel allowance
- Social security fund
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org within February 28, 2021. Please clearly mention the position that you are applying for. For eg: Application for the position of ‘Associate Software Engineer'. Only those applications meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be shortlisted and called for interview.
|Category||Computer - Technology/Management, Information Technology, Database Programming, Engineering - Computer|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level, Junior Level|
|Experience||Please check details below.|
|Education||Please check details below.|
|Posted Date||29 Jan, 2021|
|Apply Before||28 Feb, 2021|