Hitachi ABB Power Grids (www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com) is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. We are looking for following professionals to join our Nepal Office Team.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (DAY SHIFT – 1)
- Should have at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in Database Administration and managing multiple MS SQL 2016 (or higher) RDBMS on large systems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Knowledge of index management, integrity checks, statistics, configuration.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication, Partitioning.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, SSMS, PerfMon, DMVs, and system sprocs).
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
Besides offering a stimulating learning experience and a competitive pay, Pioneer also offers many benefits and perks including:
- Accidental and medical insurance
- Social Security Fund
- Lunch allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 5 working days/week
- Work Opportunities (Short Term/Long Term) in US/Europe
Interested candidates are required to mail their CV and cover letter by clearly mentioning the post they have applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st November, 2020. Only those applications meeting the criteria will be shortlisted and called for an interview.