Data and Knowledge Management Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Data and Knowledge Management Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwideveloede.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project. The project anticipates providing a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Nepal programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. This contract will result in strengthened Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This is a 5-year project scheduled to begin in April 2020.
The Knowledge and Data Management Specialist will work across all types of project activities and interactions with USAID and USAID’s implementing partners. The position’s purpose is to manage data and facilitate its use for adaptive management, as well as supporting knowledge management within the project.
**Please Note: Only Nepalese citizens are eligible to apply. **
- Support the USAID Mission in the rollout of its new Development Information System (DIS) for storing Implementing Partner data. Provide training and technical assistance to Implementing Partners on how to upload their data. Troubleshoot management of the DIS. Responsible for generating information from the DIS for periodic reports and data calls, including but not limited to the Performance Plan and Report, Portfolio Reviews and ad hoc data requests.
- Manage incoming datasets generated by local data collection firms; support technical teams in utilizing data in those datasets.
- Develop and introduce knowledge management tools and strategies to promote and support the institutionalization of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting practices within USAID and for its implementing partners
- Support and improve existing online learning portal and resource repository for community interested in monitoring and evaluation for USAID/Nepal.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, international development, international affairs, or a related field required.
- At least five (5) years of experience managing data systems with experience helping users with data uploading or use of data from those systems.
- Experience managing and processing large data sets, including reshaping data to fit new structures using SQL, Python, or a similar tool.
- Proven ability to maintain professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, contractors, suppliers, other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities.
- Demonstrated change management experience, implementing a new system or process in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com