Community Engagement Officer
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to children's education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 11 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing Aarambha [Girls Education Challenge (GEC)-Leave No Girl behind (LNGB)] Project supported by People in Need (PIN Nepal), with the financial aid of DFID in Bara and Rautahat district and invites applications from dedicated and qualified Nepali citizens for the following post based in Bara and Chandranigahapur, Rautahat of Province 2.
1. Community Engagement Officer- =1 (only Female)
Duty Station: Rautahat
- Take lead role in mentoring, coaching, monitoring and mobilization of community mobilizers and volunteers
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly action plan and track implementation of activities as per the action plan
- Establish sound relationship, coordination and collaboration with community support agencies such as schools, SMC, PTA, Rural Municipalities and Municipalities and other like-minded organizations.
- Ensure effective and quality delivery of project activities in field level
- Contribute on capacity building of project staffs on community mobilization and leadership
- Prepare and facilitate to Community Mobilizes to prepare event and periodic reports
- Develop social leadership skill of Community Mobilizers and Volunteers
- Conduct in a manner that is consistent with the values and principles of the Aasaman Nepal
- Follow the code of conduct of Aasaman Nepal inside and outside the work place.
- Candidate must fully understand and agree to abide by the safeguarding principles with regards to children and adults they come in contact through their work.
- Carry out any other task assigned by immediate Line Manager
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Social work or Sociology
- At least two years working experience in development sector and preferably in Girls Education, mentoring, Child Protection and inclusion.
- Good communication and staff management skill
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint,
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Female Candidates between 18 years to 40 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
Duration: Fixed term till July 2023 (Annual contract basis with three months’ probation period)
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal's policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal's code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV by 7 days (13th April 2021), via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.