Community Engagement and Outreach Agent
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative international non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change is the recipient of multiple awards, including a 2017 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Entrepreneurship, OpenIDEO Urban Resilience Challenge Winner, and was a top three finalist in IBM’s inaugural Call for Code Developer Challenge in 2018. To learn more about us and our programs in Colombia, Nepal, the Philippines and the Caribbean, visit www.buildchange.org.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
For the position of Community Engagement and Outreach Agent, Build Change is seeking a professional with experience in community engagement. Familiarity with the “Homeowner-driven reconstruction Approach” and disaster response projects is a plus. The position reports to the Project Manager and works closely with the Safe Construction Promotion and Awareness Manager.
· Conception, Development, and Vetting of Outreach Materials – Under the management of the Project Manager and the supervision of the Safe Construction Promotion and Awareness Manager, The Community Engagement & Outreach Agent is responsible for, in collaboration with the engineering and the construction training team, assisting in designing and developing outreach materials aimed at spreading Build Back Safer information in communities of rural Nepal. These outreached materials are meant to simplify and make comprehensible to community members, homeowners and local builders, the disaster-resistant construction guidelines developed by the Build Change engineering team in conformity with Government of Nepal applicable code and reconstruction standards. The Community Engagement & Outreach Agent must vet all outreach materials with key community stakeholder groups before finalization.
· Community Outreach Campaign - The cornerstone of the Community Engagement & Outreach Agent’s responsibility is to actively deploy the community outreach campaign in VDCs of rural Nepal. The campaign will use outreach materials developed for that purpose by the Community Outreach Team. This includes, but is not limited to: disseminating flyers, posters, radio messages, and animating community events with live presentations, demonstrations and skits, as well as airing outreach videos.
· Engaging Community Build-Back-Safer Ambassadors - The Community Engagement & Outreach Agent will promote the Build-Back-Safe Ambassadors’ program and will help selecting, enrolling, training and engaging rotating Ambassador Groups consisting of community members.
· Special Attention to Homeowners - The Community Engagement & Outreach Agent will ensure that homeowners are engaged in the program, and support to hold one-on-one sit-down meetings with homeowners who require extra explanation of project objectives, deliverables and participation in every step of the homeowner-driven project.
· Coordination - The Community Engagement & Outreach Agent must demonstrate flexibility, ability and willingness to coordinate activities with the Engineering Team, the Training Team and the M&E team as well as with project partners’ staff.
· Reporting – The Community Engagement & Outreach Agent is responsible for reporting to the Project Manager and to the Safe Construction Promotion and Awareness Manager on a regular basis, such as weekly, monthly, quarterly and as required by the upper management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology/Communication/Management or related field
· At least 3 years of working experience in similar areas
· Strong communication, analytical, reporting and organizational skills demonstrated with experience
· Excellent planning and coordination skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently under time pressure
· Experience working on community-based initiative
· Familiar with construction principles; a plus
· Endorse an ‘other focused’ culture of diversity, inclusion, respect, and cultural competency
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali
To Apply please visit below link and follow instruction
|Category||Development and Project|
|Education||B.Devs. (Bachelors in Devlopment Studies)|
|Posted Date||17 Jun, 2019|
|Apply Before||05 Jul, 2019|