Detailed Job description / requirements:
Communications Manager IM Nepal
Do you want to contribute to a humane world? Do you want to promote a world without poverty and exclusion, where everyone enjoys their human rights? Then IM Swedish Development Partner is the right place for you. Right now, we are looking for a Communications Manager for IM South Asia at our country office in Nepal. If you are an experienced professional, we can offer you an opportunity to join us and make a real difference for people and societies.
IM has been working in Nepal since 2010 as a legally registered INGO with its own country office in Kathmandu. Marginalized women and youth are the main target key rights holders. Currently we are supporting 22civil society organizations in the region.
- As communications manager your role is to drive communications, knowledge, and visibility products, as well as ensuring IM branding compliances.
- You will facilitate partners need on advocacy work, technical support and guidance in storytelling, visual materials, presentations techniques, and social media. Coach and assist IM Nepal and partners staff on communication skills.
- You will produce IM Nepal Annual Report, regional and national storytelling, video- and photo production, pitching and social media deliverables to IM.
- You will work with visual and narrative storytelling aimed at different target groups in different channels (social media, films for presentations, articles for print/web).
- Minimum 5 years professional and successful experiences in communication, visual productions, and narrative storytelling, preferable from the INGOs in South Asia or Nepal.
- Post-graduate degree in Communication, Marketing or Journalism
- Top skills in Photoshop, Lightroom, Indesign. Extra plus is working knowledge of Wordpress.
- Professional use of DSLR full frame-cameras. Ability to use Camera Raw and Photoshop and/or Lightroom for editing RAW files. Skilled in producing mobile video.
- Demonstrated reliability and high level of integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and travel independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Fluent verbal and writing command of English and Nepali with working knowledge of Hindi.
It is desired if you:
- Understand gender equality, human rights-based approach to the development with special focus towards advocacy on social and economic justice of marginalized communities in line with international human rights-based instruments and national legislations.
- Have a profound interest on reporting/depicting stories on climate justice and environmental sustainability.
IM applies self-leadership, which means that you will take a big responsibility for your own work, you are dynamic, motivated and can make your own, well-founded decisions.
It is a given that you stand behind our values and support equal human rights, as well as a strong motivation to contribute a sustainable development based on change.
What we can offer you
IM carries out rights-based operations together with partners in 15 countries globally. If you join IM, we offer you an international work environment where human values and commitment is in focus. We offer you challenging and motivating tasks in a creative work environment characterized by collaboration, teambuilding along with opportunities for knowledge development.
We view diversity as a strength and want to be a place where different perspectives and experiences are welcome.
IM has a strong workplace culture that is characterized by our core values:
We trust – We listen to everyone’s voice and trust each other’s abilities and knowledge. We know that we are stronger together.
We dare – We are confident, bold and we dare to create change through innovative, sustainable solutions. We have the courage to always stand up for our values.
We are relevant – We know why we do what we do. We base our decisions on facts, and we are constantly learning. We act – sooner rather than later.
We are passionate – We are all driven by a strong conviction that we can contribute to change and that what we do makes a difference. We always act with compassion and an open heart.
Duty station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Frame of contract: two years with a possibility to extend
Start date: Preferable January 9th, 2023
Apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org write "Communications Manager" in the subject line. Deadline for applying is October 17th, 2022.
For more information, please contact Maria Kempe, IM Country Director Nepal email@example.com or Mobile +977 9803891074
Note: The vacancy is only for Nepali Citizen.
IM is a values-based, independent member organisation that fights for an equal and compassionate world. We work globally in collaboration with local partners to enable people to lift themselves out of poverty and exclusion through their own efforts. We strive for a sustainable world, based on international human rights standards, and we reject all forms of discrimination.
Read more at: imsweden.org/en