We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. We focus on the following sectors to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach: Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance/ Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security/ Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction/ Climate Change and Innovation.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
DCA Nepal is looking for an experienced and motivated candidate for the position of Communication Specialist, who can support in driving the communications team at DCA Country Office and provide the strategic support to programme and project team in communications and media for external and internal messaging.As the Communication Specialist,you will report to the Country Director and work closely with Programmes/ Projects, Fundraising, Monitoring and Evaluation Teams and with partners and beneficiaries. You will ensure high quality communication materials, effectively manage communications, increase profile, branding and visibility of DCA Nepal through various events, campaigns, advocacy works, and media products.
Your main responsibilities
- Develop and implement communication strategies and plansin line with country and global strategy and programme goals;
- Improve the branding and visibility of DCA and its work using communications tools including social media;
- develop and ensure quality of communication products including brochures, pamphlets, reports, videos,etc;
- Build and maintain relations for effective with journalists and media outlets inNepal;
- Plan, manage, and implement visits to DCA field sites of local and international stakeholders, including volunteers, students, donors, campaigners, the media, and staff;
- Produce stories for a variety of media (social media, print, TV, radio, internet, etc), to be used in fundraising events, meetings, correspondence, but also for advocacy issues
- Conduct research and evidence based advocacy campaigns by documenting best practices;
- Evaluate, Plan and implement required communication related trainings to DCA staff and our partner organizations;
Additional responsibilities include
- Network and attend relevant coordination meetings at national /DCA Headquarter level;
- Working in accordance with DCA values and humanitarian principles;
- Maintaining effective working relationship with other members of the team;
- Being a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as for contributing to positive team spirit;
What you bring
- Masters Degree in Communication, Journalism or other relevant educational background;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in development communication work from media, private sector or (I) NGOs with similar role and responsibilities;
- Strong writing skills on social issues, ability to produce creative and pragmatic content and solutions to communications problems;
- Knowledge of development and humanitarian issues and Civil society in Nepal
- Experience in dealing and networking with partners, media, external stakeholders on various issues and challenges;
- Excellent writing, editing and reviewing skills with fluency in English and Nepali including verbal communications;
- Sound technical skills in photography, videography, or other media skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and design and editing tools;
- Creative and independent as well as team player with the ability to adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Cultural sensitivity, patience, resourcefulness and adaptability.
What we offer
- A one-year renewable contract
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Only applications consisting of the below will be considered:
- Cover Letter (max 1 page),
- CV (max 3 pages), and
- Answers provided to the online-application questions
Please click https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/national-vancancies/communication-specialist and read the instruction to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be Thursday, 11th March 2021
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained