Communication and Advocacy Officer
Pravasi Nepali Coordination Committee (PNCC) is a non-profit, non-political, non-governmental social organization dedicated to protecting and promoting Nepali migrant workers' rights. It was established in Nepal by the returnee migrant workers in 2009 with a motto of providing all possible support to the distressed migrant workers especially in gulf countries, Malaysia and Middle East Countries. PNCC is known for its highly reliable and responsive service that is timely and individualized to a distressed migrantâ€™s needs. Having wide and established networks in receiving countries such as Malaysia, Qatar and other gulf countries, PNCC has developed a strong rescue and support mechanism for Nepali migrants abroad. PNCC has provided support to over 10,000 Nepali migrant workers in their distressful situations. The humanitarian support provided to the distressed migrant workers over the years has brought PNCC at the forefront of national and international arena as one of the most trusted and dedicated organizations for the migrant workers.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Pravasi Nepali Coordination Committee (PNCC) is one of the leading organizations in Nepal working in migration sector for past ten years. PNCC invites applications from qualified and experienced Nepali individuals for the below mentioned position.
1. Position: Communication and Advocacy Officer (Kathmandu based)
- Minimum qualification of Master's degree in Communication & Journalism or related discipline with 2 years of experience in the related position or Bachelors' degree in Communication and Journalism or related discipline with 5 years of experience.
- Understanding of the issues on foreign employment and labour migration is preferred.
- Proficient in developing advocacy tools and materials.
- Sound knowledge & experience in developing communication strategy.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and fluency in Nepali and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package - Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of photo/video editing software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to carry out data analysis.
- Analytical, dynamic, smart, motivated and positive
- Develop IEC materials, PSA, documentaries and other advocacy related materials for the organization.
- Contribute in ensuring communication strategy of the organization is functional and updated.
- Maintain effective communication with government and non-government stakeholders including partner organization, donors and media.
- Ensure timely development and publication of awareness materials and promotional materials.
- Take a lead role in developing & updating content for the organization's website and social media platforms.
- Assist organization in promotional activities through organization of workshops, press conferences and other planned events.
- Contribute the organization in identification of best practices accompanied by the wise use of such practices for the promotion of organizational interventions.
- Support the organization in preparing progress reports in regular intervals.
- Actively participate in the events and other activities of the organization whenever required.
Service Duration for the Position: One year with possibility of extension
Application procedures: Qualified and interested individuals can send a letter of interest, updated CV with PP size photo and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org within 16th August 2019, 5:00 PM Nepali Time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening process. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.