Details / requirements:
Tukee Foundation is a non-profitable NGO registered in Kathmandu, Nepal and works for women who are widows/divorcees/physically disable especially single mothers. Our mission is to change the community by empowering women. With our Shelter for Single Women(SPS) Project, we construct houses for single women who falls in our criteria and provide seed money for livelihood support. NIVAS which is a USA based organization is our funding partner and work in partnership with NIVAS and in close ties with the local government.
We are a small, collaborative team that utilizes our resources effectively to create transformational impact for the families we serve. We are seeking a passionate, highly-skilled, and dedicated new team member to lead our construction services. Tukee-Nivas Project is looking for a qualified CIVIL/ARCHITECTURE ENGINEER for Shelter for Single Women (SPS) project to handle and carry out responsibility of ongoing projects both at head office and at project site. The Construction Program Manager works directly and collaboratively with our Program Coordinator, Tukee Foundation, and Nivas Executive director.
No. of Vacancy: 1
Duration: 4 months (Part time/ Full time) with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to project areas
Qualification and work experiences:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D drawings, estimation
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 5 years or Master’s Degree with two years experiences in relevant field.
- Skill, knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, site supervision and co-ordination
- Training on Disaster resilience construction of houses
- Experiences in NGO networking and with government officials
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Generate drawings from design information, adhering to Nepal Building code and specifications
- Planning, budgeting, follow up, site supervision and quality assurance of construction of houses in remote districts of Nepal.
- Preparing contracts and bid documents for the contractors and overall site management working directly with contractors to produce high-quality delivery.
- Prepare periodic reports and submit to the executive director of NIVAS and frequently communicating with US-based team.
- Coordinate and support in the development of documents for the Social Welfare Council, and local government for the approval and timely execution of the project.
- Follow up and monitor project activities in project areas.
- Prepare project proposals in English for national and international funding agencies.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders for project execution.
- Providing training to community people on Disaster resilient housing construction.
Women, and those from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.