Call for Applications
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - a related organization of the United Nations - is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration. It works to meet the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Call for Applications
Reference Code: CFA – 12/2022
Position Title: Finance Clerk
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service, UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Ungraded, 3 months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 14 July 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract and staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP). Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.|
Under the overall supervision of Head of Resource Management and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Prepare payment request with proper verification of supporting documents and invoice verification.
- Enter transaction in PRISM with correct GL and cost projectization ratio as per IOM Nepal rule.
- Perform e-filing and proper recording/filing of hard copies of financial documents.
- Vendor clearance in due time in coordination with procurement colleague.
- Ensure travel claim by staff follows correct DSA rate, exchange rate with all support documentation.
- Handle VAT refund transaction, Online posting, IOM SAP posting, Follow up the due settlement.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience; Or;
- High School degree in above field with three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience and knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 July 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 01.07.2022 to 14.07.2022