Detailed Job description / requirements:
SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
TITLE: Business Analyst
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Business Analyst will engage primarily with the Logistics Management Division (LMD), or the entity responsible for supply chain management information system within the Department of Health, Ministry of Health and relevant divisions and Ministries of Health Government of Nepal (GON) in provinces, and with external development partners (EDPs) to remain informed of significant changes, progress, and challenges related to the health commodity supply chain and the regulations, actors, and projects. The position and key responsibilities includes but not limited to,
- Day-to-day project liaison with Logistics Management Division (Department of Health Services) and various implementation sites at provinces, districts and health posts
- Lead the business process analysis of supply chain management operations at various levels to ensure that business requirements to be incorporated in eLMIS and LMD’s needs are met
- Working closely with GHSC-PSM team to recommend process improvements and changes to enhance supply chain efficiency and data visibility partnering with internal and external customers
- Define and document business cases to rationalize project-supported strategic interventions
- Impart best practices and lessons learnt on managing LMISs and supply chain automation
- Collaborate with LMD, stakeholders and the global GHSC-PSM project to review, validate and establish business requirements for system change management, configuration and implementation
- Review assigned business processes to identify and address strategic, operational and managerial risks
- Support LMD on change management and carry out process analysis
- Identify ways to increase the adoption of innovations and customer satisfaction
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Analyze and synthesize information
- Facilitate communication between organizational units
- Align business units with the capabilities delivered by information technology and serve as a translator
- Identify business processes that could be optimized with technology
- Establish a collaborative process between users and developers
- Support the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Manage customers’ expectations and gain their buy-in
- Transform business needs into clearly articulated requirements
- Identify solutions to new business requirements using existing technology wherever possible to work toward maintaining stability of the technology platforms.
- Any other activities assigned by Supervisor.
- A BCA, BIT or other relevant IT or supply chain degree
- Experience of managing public sector health supply chains, preferably in Nepal
- At least 5 years’ experience as a business or requirement analyst on two large IT projects, with one project at least in supply chain, warehouse management preferably on health or pharmaceutical supply chain management
- Extensive experience on IT projects for government clients with knowledge of challenges faced in difficult geographical areas
- Good system level understanding of technical concepts
- Experience implementing COTS software including both web and mobile components
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and fluency in English and Nepali
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Ability to facilitate communication between organizational units
- Ability to identify business processes that could be optimized with users and developers.
The Business Analyst will report to the eLMIS Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is an annually contracted position based in Kathmandu, Nepal with an immediate start date.
Please send your CV and cover letter in electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Business Analyst" by May 24, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Those who has already applied for the posting on 22nd March 2019, need not to reapply.