S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SW Nepal Pvt Ltd (Scott Wilson Nepal)
TERM OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Architect Officer
Location: Kathmandu based with field visits as required
Nature of position: Long term full time institutional position. Based in SW Nepal Office in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. See www.swepal.com.np for details on location and our engagements.
Purpose of the Position:
SW Nepal (SWN) has assignments that support clients and to foster the company values to develop multi-hazard resilient, low cost and culturally sensitive housing for families and settlements for local governments. We prioritize combination of engineering strength, aesthetics and vernacular in what we deliver. We seek an architect committed to these values and with skills to deliver the outputs. This position is for a long term young and creative architect professional with technical skills who can support us to realize our goal. Our priority is to have someone in the team who can create beautiful designs with touch of vernacular, nature and practicality.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Illustrated specific tasks
- Support in preparation of site plans and master plans of rural integrated settlements, architectural designs and drawings of rural residential and community buildings
- Generate creative ideas, approaches and options to support project stakeholders to meet their needs and requirements in the designs
- Liaise with experts in different sectors to address sectoral components in the design
- Impart skills of interior design and space planning concept in designs
- Integrate nature based, cost effective, vernacular and cultural sensitivity in the designs
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the clients
- Prepare scale working drawings and municipal drawings
- Plan layout of the project and construction activities
Suggested Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Masters degree in related areas is preferable)
- Around 3-5 years of experience in architectural design, preferably in integrated settlement deign, urban planning and vernacular architecture
- Proficiency in use of Architect application such as AutoCAD, Sketchup 3D, Lumion etc or other creative tools
- Excellent team-player
- Good command in English and Nepali
- Willingness to travel regularly to remote areas
How to apply
If you are interested, please email your CV before 19th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be informed and called for further consultations.