Agriculture Technical Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Dalit Welfare Organization (DWO) established in 1994, is a large Dalit human rights and development NGO in Nepal. It has 27 years of working experience in Nepal. Its vision is to achieve a justifiable society by eliminating caste-based discrimination and untouchability. DWO is working for respectful and dignified life of Dalit and most marginalized community in Nepal.
DWO is now implementing Livelihood Improvement of Socially Excluded Community Phase-2 (LISEC Phase-2) project in Dang and Salyan district's 5 Palikas. For this project, DWO is seeking a qualified candidate and would like to announce to apply for the following position. Interested candidate can submit Biodata with copy of Citizenship card, experience and academic qualification documents and application.
Position: Agriculture Technical Officer
Required Number: 1 person
Duty station: DWO Dang office and working area: Both project districts and project areas.
Duration: 1 year and possibility to extension
Academic qualification: At least BSCAg or equivalent
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Perform agriculture, livestock, climate change, nutrition and food security related task in the farmer groups and Cooperatives of project areas
- Recommend the seeds, materials and technologies to the project team and apply innovations.
- Carry out the research, survey and M&Eactivities of the project.
- Perform the Capacity building of target community on agriculture, livestock, climate change and nutrition security.
- Support to writing project proposals, plans, reports, and documentation.
- Design and deliver the Agriculture, livestock, CCA and nutrition related tasks in the project.
- Facilitate technical trainings, workshop and meetingsat project area.
- Coordination and strengthening relationship with all relevant stakeholders in the project area.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in the field of Agriculture or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience in similar field.
- Proficient in English both in writing and speaking.
- Sound experiences on report writing, proposal writing, preparation of guidelines,
- Good computer skills at least in word, excel, power point and online technology.
- Interest, ability and skills of work in the community level and team of the organization.
- Having License of two-wheelers.
Last deadline for Apply: 19 May 2022.
The interested candidates can apply through following email or submit application directly in the following address:
Address for hard copy Submission: Dalit Welfare Organization (DWO), central office, Kalanki-14, Khadkagaun, Kathmandu, Nepal. and DWO district branch office Tulsipur sub-metropolitan city, ward 6,
Dalit and women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be communicating for further selection process (writing, interview and practical test)
Dalit Welfare Organization (DWO)
Central office, Kathmandu Nepal
District office Dang Contact phone: 082521372