Admin and Finance Associate
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Call for Applications!!
About Visible Impact
Visible Impact (Visim) is a young-women-led not-for-profit company that aims to create a ‘visible impact’ in the lives of youth, adolescent girls and women and their immediate families and communities with a focus on leadership development, advocacy, and realization of their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Our Vision: Creating a visible Impact on the lives of Every girl, Every woman, Every youth
- Our Mission: Unleashing the capabilities of girls, women, and youth in various socio-economic spaces through inclusive, participatory, and transformative approaches.
- Our Non-negotiable values:
- Human rights are always at the core.
- Ensure and promote meaningful and inclusive youth participation
- Feminist principles are always fulfilled and kept at the core.
- Our Theory of Change: Innovative Approach * Beneficiary Engagement = Visible Impact
Required: Admin and Finance Associate-1
1. Post information
The Admin and Finance Associate will work as part of a finance team. This position is ideal for an energetic, enthusiastic, and self-driven individual with a keen interest in learning the administrative works of an organization.
Post Title: Admin and Finance Associate
Reports to: Admin and Finance Officer
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: 3 months, with possibility of extension depending on performance
Post type: Full-time/ Regular
2. Duties and responsibilities
With the guidance of the Admin and Finance Officer, the Admin and Finance Associate will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Support the supervisor to maintain the book of accounts of the organization and its supporting documents.
- Process financial transactions, including payments, recording expenses, reconciling accounts, and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Serve as a petty cash custodian, and handle petty cash disbursements, and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Serve as a procurement focal person and duly conduct the procurement processes.
- Assist in the preparation for audits and provide necessary documentation.
- Maintain the annual compliance of the organization at the tax office and OCR.
- Maintain all the bank-related works such as deposits, withdrawals, etc. with appropriate supporting documents.
- Maintain and update personnel records, including attendance, timesheets, pay slips, and leave records.
- Support supervisor in updating the e-TDS transactions.
- Support the program team in managing the project activities like meetings, conferences, workshops, and training programs.
- Support in other programmatic, administrative, and operational functions of the organization.
NOTE: Visible Impact believes in the idea of learning by doing. Therefore, all the tasks mentioned above are subject to learning from the supervisors and are not completely expected to be completed beforehand. However, some prior knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of office software applications like Ms. Word and Ms. Excel.
- Initiative, creativity, enthusiasm, and a high sense of responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn new tools, tasks, and skills quickly
- Commitment to proposing solutions to issues encountered in daily work
- Professionalism and adherence to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people.
4. Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's running or completed in BBA/BBS or similar subjects.
- Relevant experiences in programmatic support or financial/administrative work would be an advantage.
5. How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application: Admin and Finance Associate” by 8th October 2023. The email must include a CV and a Letter of Interest (1 page only). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Only electronic submissions will be considered.