Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working in the areas of integrated community development, agriculture, forestry, human rights, peace building and social justice, having strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social and cultural rights and right to development. We also work extensively on natural resource management, disaster management and climate change adaptation and mitigation activities. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged groups of people in rural areas.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN), a non-governmental organisation, is looking for recruiting highly qualified, committed and motivated candidates to fill in the following vacant position.
1. Accounts/Finance Officer: 1 (Kathmandu Based)
Requires minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in Management with Accounts/Finance Specialization and at least 2 years relevant work experience with national/International organizations (I/NGOs). The position is based at RRN Head Office, Kathmandu. S/he will be responsible for maintaining books of accounts, providing overall financial and administration support to the different small projects undertaken by the organization which includes preparation of financial plan, managing financial transactions, making accounting entries, preparing periodic financial reports to be submitted to different donor agencies as required.
The incumbent must possess the following characteristics:
- In depth understanding, knowledge and skills on financial transactions, accounting principles and GAAP.
- Secured custodian of financial documents and accounting data.
- Preparation of periodic financial reports as per donors’ requirements.
- Deal with, bank, tax office etc.
- Knowledge of Nepalese taxation policies, tax laws/rules/regulations
- Knowledge of Accounting software or should be able to quickly learn and work on accounting software
- Should be comfortable to work extended hours, if so required.
- Should be willing and contribute to create friendly working environment
- Should be upholding the organization’s code of conduct
The applicants of the above position should be well versed in English and Nepali languages and have good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office and any accounting software, knowledge of FAMAS will be preferred.
The emolument shall be as per organizations rules. However, it can also be negotiated for deserving candidates. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with updated CV through E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 pm of April 15, 2019.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy.
You may visit <http://www.rrn.org.np/ > for further information about RRN