Forest Technician : Detail
Along with application please submit a short statement why you think you are appropriate for the post.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview and no telephone enquiries will be entertained.
- Company: ANSAB
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Bhimsengola, Old Baneshwor
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- I. Sc. (Forestry)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
ANSAB is a civil society organization that has been working for biodiversity conservation and livelihoods improvement across South Asia for twenty-five years. It places community empowerment and economic incentives at the heart of its approach, and has been consistently evolving, consolidating, institutionalizing and advancing the approaches and strategies for the promotion of community-based enterprises and value chains, natural resources management and biodiversity conservation, enabling policy environment and multi-stakeholders.
ANSAB is currently seeking young, energetic and career-oriented two field based candidatesto implement the projects. Detail of the positions with responsibilities, essential skills and qualifications are given below.
Forest Technician - 1 (Nawalparasi –East)
- Identify forests user groups in the need of support for acquisition of management rights and demarcate corresponding forests areas;
- Build the capacity of local communities mobilizing local resource person and coordinating with stakeholders on sustainable forests and ecosystem services management, biodiversity conservation, quality planting material production and plantation, and enterprise development;
- Provide technical expertise to carry out assessment of forest resources and ecosystem services;
- Support forest user groups to determine anthropogenic pressure on natural resources and threats to biodiversity; design measures and incorporate into their forest management plan, and get approval from the authority;
- Carry out feasibility study of forest based enterprise development and provide facilitation and technical support to establish forest products based enterprise and establish market linkages;
- Coordinate with district and local level government and civil society organizations to create synergy in the project; and
- Develop and submit periodic progress reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum I.Sc. in Forestry or Diploma in Forestry;
- In-depth knowledge on and experience inorganizing community groups and handing over process of community forests;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Proficient in using equipment and technologies for forest resource inventory and good computer skills including MS Words and Excel;
- Good communication and written skills in Nepali and English; and
- Motorbike riding skill with valid driving license.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending an application including a recent resume/CV, a short paragraph on why he/she is the ideal candidate for the position, and expected salary by June 17,2018 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .Please mention the applied Position in the subject line of email.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate any applicant with regards to caste, race, color, or religion.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.