Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Forum for Community Upliftment System Nepal (FOCUS-Nepal) Dhading a NGO working in diversified field in Dhading and its neighbouring Districts. Currently, it is looking for the potential candidates for the Earthquake Recovery Program, Nepal (ERPN) project funding by Christian Aid. This position is based in Dhadingbensi.
Position: MEAL Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director of FOCUS-Nepal and Christian Aid’s Emergency Programme Officer (EPO) direct supervision of the Project Coordinator – DRR for the Earthquake Recovery Program, Nepal, MEAL Officer shall be responsible for monitoring the project activities, progress and reporting to improve the ERPN performance. S/He shall also be assigned tasks by CA EPO as and when required.
The MEAL Officer carries out tasks in accordance with the project commitments, the policies and systems of FOCUS-Nepal and Christian Aid. S/He shall follow the guidance of the ERPN Project Coordinator – DRR and work closely with other relevant departments necessary to fulfil the responsibilities.
- To exécute the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Systems (Tools and methodologies) in Dhading and Gorkha district project areas.
- Work with the program team to ensure the implementation of MEAL system in project districts.
- Support PC-DRR/EPO in baseline surveys, management/execution of periodic reviews and evaluation, preparation of project progress reports.
- Prepare fortnightly and monthly MEAL reports.
- Ensure that accountability and feedback mechanism is functioning well.
- Maintain collaboration and coordination with Govt. and other agencies on MEAL requirements.
Minimum Qualification and Other Requirements
- At least Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferable) in social science or relevant field and 3 years relevant experience in MEAL sector.
- Good communication skills both in English and Nepali.
- Familiar with and abide by humanitarian laws, international frame works and other regulatory codes like SPHERE standards and CHS.
- Ability and willingness to work in team and to work under pressure and in remote/difficult circumstances.
- Committed to rights based and gender sensitive
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit an application letter, updated CV with two referees through email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 June 2017. The Vacancy Reference must be mentioned in the subject otherwise the application will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Applications will proceed as soon as we receive.
FOCUS Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applicants. Woman and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
|Full Time / Contract|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|21 Jun, 17|
|28 Jun, 17|