Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Forum for Community Upliftment System Nepal (FOCUS-Nepal) Dhading a NGO working in diversified field in Dhading, District. Currently, it is looking for the potential candidates for the Nepal Earthquake Response Prgram funding by OXFAM GB.
Gender Officer - 1
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- The Gender Officers will be champion quality design, implementation and evaluation of programs to ensure the unique needs of women, men, girls, boys, minority groups and persons with disabilities are identified and responded to by our programs (sensitive approach), and that inequality is challenged wherever possible (transformative approach).
- S/he will have to orient staffs member on gender related activities.
- Mobilize and support to Social Mobilizer while implementing the Gender activities in the VDC level.
- HHs visit, counselling to mothers groups, users groups and aware them on Vital registration, Citizenship, Domestic Violence. & prepare the case study.
- Gender officer collaborate with a number of other agencies, including local authorities and international aid workers. They may also work with WASH program colleagues during implementation of Gender programs
- Provide regular update reports (including data collects, minutes from meetings, and key achievements for the week)
- Coordination with local stakeholders to ensure collaboration with other stakeholders in district.
Minimum Qualification and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology/BSW/Law/Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines
- At least two years experience in NGOs working on gender, women leadership, women economic empowerment, protection and counselling
- An understanding of gender and protection related issues including methodologies for assessment, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in capacity building and training of rural communities on Gender and Protection
- Able to train, support and coordinate field project teams on all gender related activities.
- Training in Gender and Development, Lobby and Advocacy will be an advantage
- Must be knowledgeable on participatory research approaches, conducting baseline surveys,
- Demonstrable facilitation skills, policy and advocacy skills on humanitarian crises a distinct advantage.
- Ability and willingness to work in team and to work under pressure and in remote/difficult circumstances
Position based: Based in District HQ & frequently travel to oversee the working VDCs
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit an application letter, updated CV with two referees through email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th January 2017. The Vacancy Reference must be mentioned in the subject otherwise the application will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Applications will proceed as soon as we receive. FOCUS Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applicants. Woman and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained
|Please check vacancy details|
|12 Jan, 17|
|18 Jan, 17|