Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Procurement Agent Manager
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking an experienced Procurement Agent Manager for an anticipated five year donor-funded Program in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno has Fiscal Agent/Procurement Agent projects in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Procurement Agent Manager will be required to provide procurement management and contract administration services related to the procurement of goods, works, and services for the implementation of the Program. The Procurement Agent Manager will conduct procurements in a fully professional, transparent, and ethnical manner that provides open competition to the maximum extent practicable in order to ensure advantageous prices and equal and fair access for eligible suppliers and contractors. The Procurement Agent Manager will perform the following:
- Manage, execute, and administer tasks related to the procurement of goods, works, consulting, and non-consulting services, including review of technical specifications, preparation of tender documents, bid evaluation reports, contract negotiations and awards, and overall contract management services.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize the procurement functions, including plans for the efficient procurement of goods, works, and services. Assist in the preparation of procurement plans, procurement implementation plans, and procurement performance reports.
- Prepare, implement, and update the Procurement Operations Manual and Contract Administration Manual.
- Provide training on bid evaluations, contract administration, and the procurement operations manual.
- Ensure all procurements are conducted in compliance with the principles, rules, and procedures set out in bidding documents, Procurement Guidelines, the grant, and any Supplemental Agreements. Respond promptly and fairly to bid challenges regarding procurement activity. Protect the procurement activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Assume other operational, functional, and contractual obligations and responsibilities customarily performed by a Procurement Agent.
- 15 years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of international best practices in procurement procedures, FIDIC documents, project administration and follow-up, and contract management
- Prior experience in conducting works procurement
- Proven leadership qualities and experience. Experience in managing a team of procurement professionals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with high-level government officials and business executives
- Previous experience working with international development partner institutions’ procurement guidelines and procedures – especially those of the World Bank or Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Experience working on projects in the power and/or transport sectors is desirable
- Experience working in similar countries. Experience working in Nepal is an advantage
- Master’s degree in business, law, economics, finance, or public administration
- Professional procurement qualifications or equivalent specialized training
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Procurement Agent Manager – Nepal” in the Subject line.
|Please check details below.|
|Please check details below.|
|24 Jan, 17|
|23 Feb, 17|