Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Job Description for Programme Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organisation and a major humanitarian actor. FCA’s vision is a world comprised of resilient and just societies where everyone's right to peace, quality education and sustainable livelihood has been fulfilled. FCA is a rights-based organisation, and our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles.FCA is a member of ACT Alliance, which has a total of 143 members and we are committed to working with its members. We operate in 15 countries in Asia and Africa, where the needs are most dire. We work with the economically poor and socially marginalized groups regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work in three thematic areas; Livelihoods, Education and Peace. In Nepal, FCA has been working since 2013. It has been implementing development cooperation and earthquake response programs and projects covering 14 districts. As a civil society actor, FCA realises its mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. FCA Nepal is recruiting a position of Programme Officer to support its operation and programme management under development cooperation.
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure regular support to NGO partners in planning, implementation and monitoring of projects and programme in the sectors of livelihood and education. The programme Officer will provide regular support to partner NGOs to ensure that FCA’s standard project planning, implementation and monitoring tools and techniques are followed. S/he will be responsible for first hand reading of NGO partners’ progress reports, monitoring visits and capacity assessment of partner organization. PO will be part of team member for developing funding proposal particularly to link with lessons from ongoing projects.
Planning and management:
- Support partner organizations to develop multi year and annual plan/proposal and budgets;
- Support partner organization to develop detail implementation plan (DIP) of the project;
- Implementation support to the partner organizations when needed;.
- Participate in Country Programme Annual Plan (CPAP) development process and support Country Director and Programme Coordinator in drafting the CPA;
- Contributes and coordinate to capacity building of FCA staff and partners related to main thematic areas in support of programme coordinator and Country Director;
- Support partner organization to develop and implement staff’s individual plan of action linked to DIP;
- Prepare summary of project progressing from the partners’ report and share to programme coordinator and country director;
- Support finance to hire short term consultant and service procurement process.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support M&E Coordinator/Officer to design and implement M&E tools and lead for data collection;
- Plan and participate field monitoring of the project in support of Programme Coordinator and M&E Officer and report to PC and also inform findings to NGOs;
- Support and lead to organize project review meetings and documentation of outcomes;
- Support programme coordinator to harmonize partners’ progress reporting tools including data collection and case study reporting;
- Support to carry out base line and end line studies and facilitate donors visits
- Actively participate in discussion related to the fundraising plan and funding proposal development
- Support Programme coordinator and country Director for Survey of resources, discussion and consolidation of lessons related to FCA strategy required for fundraising
- Coordinate with the NGO partners for ensuring their active participation in the fundraising
Networking and advocacy:
- Participate actively in meetings with the various networks relevant to the FCA works in Nepal
- Participate various advocacy events with the National and international organizations.
- Master's degree with at least 3 years of experience
- Strong experience of programme and project management
- Proven experience in Logical framework based project management
- Good presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Strong writing skills, good communication skills, team-work oriented
- Solid background in livelihoods and research skill would be asset for the position.
Initially FCA will offer one-year contract, which will be extended on annual basis upon satisfactory performance. The benefits of the position will be as FCA Nepal HR practice and policy. The position is based in FCA Nepal Country Office in Kathmandu with frequent travels to the project districts.
Qualified Nepalese individuals may submit their application letter and updated CV with 2 references via the email (email@example.com) by 31st December 2017. Please indicate the position you are applying in subject field of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further processing of recruitment. Any effort to influence the process lead to disqualification of the applicant.
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|15 Dec, 17|
|31 Dec, 17|
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Invitation to Bid: Finn Church Aid Nepal – 2017 Statutory and Project Audit
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Nepal, a humanitarian and development organization, invites audit firms to submit their proposal for the 2017 Statutory and Project Audit of FCA programs in Nepal.
Those firms that are interested may request the detailed documentation from;
The proposal must include detailed breakdown of costs, duration of the audit and methodology.
The submission deadline for proposals is at 15.00, December 18th, 2017. The proposals must be submitted in sealed envelopes at Finn Church Aid’s office located at PO Box: 23517, House No: 539 / 37 Baluwatar – 2, Gairidhara, Kathmandu, Nepal.
For any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Namraj Sedhain.
Finn Church Aid Nepal
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|11 Dec, 17|
|18 Dec, 17|