Employee-owned DAI is now a global development company with a record of delivering results in 160 countries. But it remains today what it was as a start-up: innovative, alert, self-critical, and forward-looking—and driven by a powerful sense of corporate purpose. Our mission remains essentially unchange
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Call for Experts with Private Sector Development and Renewable Energy Experience – Nepal Renewable Energy Programme
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME
- The programme will focus on market led approaches, building the capacity of the private sector, and a move away from subsidies and grants towards credit as a financial instrument. It will also focus strongly on building Government of Nepal systems to improve coordination in the energy sector and to access international climate finance in the future.
SCOPE OF WORK
It is anticipated that the programme will focus on four key areas:
- Strengthening the policy framework, governance systems, and public institutions needed to foster development of the off-grid renewable energy sector in Nepal;
- Increasing demand for and access to renewable energy technologies, particularly for the poorest, those living in remote locations and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Building the capacity of the private sector to supply high quality and competitive renewable energy technologies in Nepal;
- Improve access to finance for renewable energy buyers and sellers through activities that increase access to credit (and other financial instruments), strengthen finance mechanisms, and build the capacity of lenders.
Candidates with proven Senior Programme Management and/or, technical experience in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Energy sector experience, especially access to off-grid energy; renewable energy policy and strategy; rural electrification; renewable energy solutions such as solar PV, hydro, biomass, hybrid/green mini-grids;
- Experience of institutional development and capacity development (particularly in the energy sector), training, communication and outreach, legislative drafting.
- Experience in private sector development, access to finance, micro-finance, mobile money, market development, markets for the poor, business advisory skills, quality standards, management consultancy and Inclusive Growth Diagnostics.
- Programme management, knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, public-private dialogue and fund management.
- Experience of implementing either country or regional donor-funded projects, with experience of working in Nepal and working in consultancy teams.
- Qualifications in one or more of the following areas: business administration, finance, fund management, energy-related disciplines, economics, engineering, operations management, marketing or a relevant qualification.
- Spoken and written English.
Programme Start Date:
Late 2017 / early 2018
31st March 2017
Please apply via the following link: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=3005
*Please note that all requirements are indicative only and subject to change once the ToR is made available.*
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|08 Mar, 17|
|31 Mar, 17|