Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Business Development Manager (Development Contracts)
Vacancy summary text: Location: Nepal | Contract Duration 2+1 | Pay band 6
The British Council is recruiting for a Business Development Manager for supporting the identification of commercial and non-commercial development contract opportunities, coordination of donor-funded business development activities and client requirements in relation to the delivery of specific project(s).
The main priorities of the post are:
- understanding and monitoring donor pipelines for projects and programmes, and work to be tendered to national / international organisations
- supporting in stakeholder relationships management with clients, customers, consultants and specific project stakeholders at the operational level
- supporting in positioning British Council Nepal for opportunity in new sector / sub-sector
- supporting the coordination of the delivery of projects to time, quality and cost targets across the functions
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support in developing a clear understanding of the pipeline of donor activity in the education , skills and society sectors in Nepal which is likely to be competitively tendered.
- Support in pursuit of agreed commercial and non-commercial contract opportunities.
- Assist and coordinate preparation of expressions of interest / concept notes and formal technical and commercial proposals to clients for competitively-tendered and co-funded work.
- Gather and analyse market intelligence on client strategies, stakeholders and beneficiaries, potential partners and competitors on individual opportunities on needs basis
- Maintain/Update database of client, consultants, partners and competitors.
- Assist in project start-up preparation activities.
- Coordinate delivery of positioning project(s) and other Grants project(s), as necessary.
- Support effective implementation of society sector positioning activities in Nepal including supporting in building networks and relationships with sector stakeholders, identifying and updating potential partners and consultants in society sector.
- Assist with required logistics and administrative tasks for contracts pursuit and delivery.
What we're ideally looking for in the successful candidate:
- Experience in business development activities in development sector.
- Experience in project implementation in Education and / or Society sector (Civil society & governance; women and girls; Justice)
- Knowledge of development sector in Nepal including in society sector.
If you are interested in applying, please see the Links below for further information:
External Link for External Applicants: Apply Now
In your application form, please clearly explain how you meet the essential and desirable skills, qualification and experience criteria mentioned in the person specification section of the role profile. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
UK time: 23:59, 27 June 2018
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records check.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|11 Jun, 18|
|27 Jun, 18|