Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
TERM OF REFERENCE
S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Position: Bid Development Coordinator
Responsible to: Chief Operation Officer
Relates to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Central Office, Kathmandu
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the post holder is to coordinate planning, organization and monitoring all aspects of bidding process from pre-position, Expression of Interest & Tendering through to the conclusion of contract negotiation. The post-holder also improves market position and achieve financial growth by developing marketing strategies, identifying business opportunities and prepares for a business deal with the client.
a. Business Development
- Develops business and marketing plan
- Using knowledge of the market and competitor, identify and develop the company’s unique propositions and differentiators.
- Identify, analyse and build relationship with new and potential clients and turn this into increased business and leveraging.
- Present the trends with a view to developing new services and market positioning.
- Research and build relationship with new clients
b. Bidding and Acquisition
- Proactively researching potential business opportunities and / or identification of opportunities for the company’s potential interest.
- Identify, develop and monitor potential business opportunities through networks and print / electronic notice.
- Attend meetings and seminars related to the bidding and partnerships opportunities.
- Coordinate or collaborate closely with all stages of bidding process with staff / consultant / experts and leaders and facilitate the bid team members to provide effective requisite support in the process, including preparation of bid submission.
- Reviewing and updating the technical and financial documentation by articulating correct methodology and process required bid TOR.
- Responsible to ensure that acquisition and partnership policies are in place and deployed to ensure the appropriate quality and time.
c. Marketing and Public Relationship
- Analyse market scenario and initiate marketing activities based on the strategic planning for an enhanced of company work.
- Coordinate and develop marketing materials and utilized in print and electronic media for an increased visibility of the company.
- Develop media relation strategy, seeking high-level placement in print, broadcast and online media.
- Create and design publicity contents, press releases, online articles and presentation for the company.
- Maintain a keen understanding of company trends affecting client and make appropriate recommendation regarding communication strategy.
- Any other official duties as reasonably required by company staff and consultants.
- Build rapport with experts / consultants / organization related to the MEL work.
- Actively demonstrate a good behavior in all aspect of work / service and social life.
- Become a model to other staff in work and as a person. This will be seen in, for example,
- quality of work, justice and fairness, timekeeping, cooperation with other, attitude towards
- company, and in general behavior in and out of work.
- To be able to manage all duties and people for whom he/she is responsible, without supervision and at a good standard, and to develop / suggest new aspects of the job as needed.
- To be honest in all matters and to promote honesty in all levels.
- To keep confidential information acquired during work, especially those matters relating to people (staff, clients or others).
- To build good public relations with those outside the organization, including clients, consultants, supplier / vendor etc. aiming to emphasis aims and priority of the company.
Leading / inspiring: Able to formulate and overseeing the implementation of departmental and / or project specific goals and objectives. Able to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride and trust.
Ambitious: Sets ambitious and challenging goals and takes responsibility towards company future achievement and developing strategies.
Creative / Collaborative: Able to establish and develop innovative and cost effective initiatives to collaborate for a qualitative output to clients / partners.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to present information in a manner appropriate to the audience, ability to formulate clear and effective by telephone and / or in writing.
Additional Skills: This position requires an additional skill of marketing, networking and customer relationship management.
- The post is a core staff position and participates in the senior management team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An advance degree in management and / or related to the company business.
- A proven experience of working in business development and client management within national and international development sector.
- Broad knowledge of development approaches, programme / practices, as well as good analytical skills on research and strategy formulation.
- Proven success in writing or supporting the creation of winning proposal.
- Excellent presentation skills with high level of organization ability.
- High standard of computer literacy
This is a core staff position based in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. The company offers competitive and rewarding facilities.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a cover letter justifying why you are the best candidate for this position to email@example.com. Good luck!
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|06 Apr, 17|
|05 May, 17|