click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NONPROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
POSITION OPENING: Administrative Assistant
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, the Philippines and Nepal. Build Change has trained more than 27,850 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, guided 42 organizations in using homeowner-driven design, created over 12,300 jobs and provided technical assistance for almost 51,300 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 257,621 people.
Build Change is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position requires an organized and competent professional to provide effective administrative and logistic support as per organizational policies, procedures and systems for smooth Front Office operations at the Country Office This position will report to Finance & Administration Manager
1. Manage front desk operations
· Professionally handle all incoming and outgoing telephone calls ensuring clear and effective communication
· Receive visitors, screen their appointments and direct to concerned staff as advised
· Receive mail and document and forward to the concerned persons (without opening the contents).
· Oversight and monitor the daily staff attendance file and movement in coordination with HR department and forward monthly attendance sheets for further analysis and records.
2. Provide effective office support services
· Monitor the cleanliness of the office building cum premises and coordinate with cleaner if required
· Follow up for office/GH utilities, telephone and post box and timely inform to Finance department.
· Monitor and support Kitchen management
· Maintain and update a log book (Tracking System) of incoming and outgoing documents
· Record keeping for office stationery items
· Prepare meeting minutes and disseminate to the concern persons
3. Provide effective secretarial support for the Country Director
· Receive and screen incoming calls and visitors as per priority and coordinate with Country Director accordingly.
· Undertake any assigned responsibility when delegate
4. Undertake Responsibilities as assigned by Admin, Finance and HR Department Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or in the relevant job domain.
· At least 2 years' relevant work experience is required
· INGO work experience preferred
· Competency in written and spoken English and Nepali
· Nepali Typing preferred
|Administrative / Management|
|0 NRs per hour|
|11 May, 17|
|06 Jun, 17|