Water Sector Monitoring, Evaluation, and Communications (MEC) Advisor
At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene. SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in people's lives. For Further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
Details / requirements:
Water Sector Monitoring, Evaluation, and Communications (MEC) Advisor
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and together with our team of over 1,600 people, we strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all. Grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance.
SNV’s overarching ambition for the water sector is water security for all – including the natural world. Our focus is on equity: between people, between current and future generations, and between humans and the environment. For the realisation of water security, we take a holistic and inclusive approach to water based on a water cycle perspective and the water related human rights. As such, we consider four dimensions in our programming: water use, water pollution, hazards and risk, water resource security. We apply these dimensions through four framework approaches- Equitable Water Resources Management, Urban Water Cycles, Sustainable Inclusive Irrigation, and Climate-Resilient Rural WASH - with cross-cutting themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance.
Under Water sector, SNV Nepal is seeking qualified Nepalese as MEC Advisor. The Water Sector MEC Advisor will support the Water Sector Portfolio in carrying out monitoring, evaluation and communications activities. Supervised by the Water Sector Leader, she/he will work closely with Water Sector team members nationally and globally and coordinate with other SNV Nepal team members as per need.
The Water Sector MEC Advisor will have the following key responsibilities and tasks:
- Fully understand the Water Sector framework approaches and their respective performance monitoring frameworks.
- Carry out data collection, with quality assurance, on the SNV performance monitoring frameworks as applicable in each project, including aspects of procurement (where relevant), direct data collection, coordination with field teams and stakeholders, translation, quality checks, compilation, and analysis with support of global M&E team.
- Extract performance monitoring data to develop annual targets and report progress against the Global Harmonised Indicators (GHIs).
- Be well versed and responsive to global M&E systems requirements, including using Log Alto (or any officially required software).
- Develop and implement (including team capacity building) PME systems for donor projects in compliance with donor requirements (i.e. in addition to SNV PME system).
- Develop quantitative reports based on Sector and Project PME data.
- Support Sector Leader in developing qualitative reports.
- Develop easily accessible databases for Water Sector portfolio.
- Support Project Leaders in developing and implementing planning and monitoring processes and tools as per their requirements.
- Support Project Leaders in collecting data and preparing donor reports.
- Develop audio-visual documentation for Sector and Project profiling, following data privacy and safeguarding rules.
- Support Sector Leader and Project Leader in developing knowledge management products as needed.
- Carry out communication activities for SNV Nepal, Water Sector and Project profiling in coordination with SNV Nepal team and global communication teams, in line with communication guidelines of SNV and donor.
- Manage Sector and Project documentation and archives.
- Be a member of Water Sector team for engaging with local, national, and international stakeholders.
- Any other duties agreed with the line manager.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Water Sector related portfolio (can be WASH, water resources management, or irrigation)
- Demonstrated expertise in communication activities is desired.
- University degree in a relevant field required. Masters preferred.
- Strong familiarity with designing, planning and carrying out quantitative and qualitative data surveys.
- Familiarity with digital data gathering via smartphones or tablets.
- Fluency in the MS Office package, in particular Excel for quantitative analysis.
- Data presentation experience.
- Knowledge of common M&E approaches, requirements and systems.
- Desirable knowledge of statistical tools and additional data analysis software.
- Familiarity with Water Sector terminologies in Nepali and English.
- Fluency in oral and written Nepali.
- Fluency in oral English and intermediate level of written English.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail, and capacity to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Willingness to devote much of her/his time to quantitative data management.
- Capacity to successfully work in teams and to establish effective work relations with colleagues, stakeholders, implementing partners, consultants and service providers.
- Ability to manage his/her own time and to abide by workplans and deadlines.
- Willingness to be based in SNV office in Kathmandu and to travel to SNV project areas frequently, occasionally at short notice.
Report to: Water Sector leader of SNV Nepal
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent field visits
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Employment Contract
Required Number of Position: 1
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 page) with motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the "I'm interested" button before 25 February 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All information will be in the strictest confidence.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.