VACANCY FOR SCHOOL TEACHER
Detailed Job description / requirements:
GURKHA CONTINGENT, SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
VACANCY FOR SCHOOL TEACHER
The Gurkha Contingent, Singapore Police Force (GC, SPF) based in Singapore invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the post of School Teacher in the GC School.
Brief Job Description
The principal job responsibilities include:
- To assist in the preparation and delivery of preschool curriculum to Nepalese children aged 4 to 6 years old in English, to prepare them for the Singapore Primary School education system.
- To teach Nepal Ministry of Education Nepali language curriculum to Nepalese children aged 7 to 18 years old.
- To assist the School Headmaster in the daily management and operations of the School to ensure the wellbeing and discipline of pupils in school.
- Must be a Nepali citizen with a valid passport.
- Must have passed a minimum of 10+2 (majoring in English) or equivalent.
- Relevant teaching qualification (e.g. teaching practice in faculty of Education) is preferred. Any specialised training in preschool teaching will be an added advantage (references of certification needed).
- Must have at least 2 years of teaching experience in an English medium preschool i.e. Nursery or Kindergarten (references of experience needed).
- Able to teach Nepali language. Relevant teaching experience is preferred.
- Must be single or be willing to serve unaccompanied if married.
The successful candidate will be:
- Appointed on an initial 2-year contract (renewable).
- Paid a salary in Singapore Dollars. Starting salary will be about $1,400 per month.
- Given a lump sum gratuity at the end of each contract.
- Entitled to 18 days leave per annum.
- Provided a furnished apartment on co-share basis.
- Provided subsidised rations.
- Provided free economy class air passage on first appointment and a similar return passage on completion of contract.
- Provided additional baggage allowance on first arrival and on completion of contract.
- Entitled to medical and dental benefits.
The contract terms and conditions will be based upon the Singapore Civil Service, Terms and Conditions of Service.
Online application together with full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of qualifications, experience and references are to be submitted in PDF file via FormSG link/QR code provided below. Closing date for applications is on Fri, 19 Aug 2022.
Internet URL: https://form.gov.sg/62d4c2b613b5080012f915a0
Shortlisted candidates will be notified via GC SPF Representative in early Sep 2022 for an interview. All original documents are to be produced during the interview.
The selected candidate should be fully vaccinated/inoculated against Covid-19 (i.e. 14 days after completion of full doses) in accordance to Singapore requirements before departing for Singapore. The selected candidate is to produce the proof of vaccination.
Expected Work Start Date
The selected candidate is expected to travel to Singapore and commence work around end of December 2022.
For inquiries, contact GCSPF Representative (Tel 01 5547193), British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan, Lalitpur.