Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS), a non government organization established in 2002, is dedicated to people-centered urban development and striving to contribute for better living environment through efforts for sustainable development. UEMS supports urban and sub urbs population, especially marginalized communities through its work in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Solid Waste Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction, Alternative Energy, Food Security and Sustainable Livelihoods.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS), a non profitable nongovernmental organization working in WASH, food Security and sustainable livelihood, solid waste management, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction and alternative energy, is looking for candidates for Beacon Project in LahanMuniciaplity of Siraha District.Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS) is implementing The Beacon Project: Municipality Wide equitable WASH Services in Lahan: A joint initiative of Anglian Water@onealliance, WaterAid, Nepal Water Supply Corporation (NWSC) and Lahan Municipality (LM) which adopts a holistic approach to to ensure that the people of Lahan municipality, including the marginalized, vulnerable communities and schools, have sustainable and equitable access to safe water, improved sanitation and hygiene contributing to their well-being, health and dignity
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICIAN/ PLUMBER
Duty Station: Based at Lahan Municipality of Siraha district
- Conduct feasibility survey of projects
- Carry out field survey especially related to pipe laying work.
- Support in preparing design and detailed cost estimation of pipe laying work.
- Conduct required work in water supply network & tap connection.
- Maintain close linkage between Municipality, DWSS, User’s committee, Community gro
- Ensure all the records are kept in accordance with UEMS polices
- Ensure quality of construction equipment’s /materials and support in procurement process
- Establish a good linkage with finance staff and provide all the required documents to finance
- TSLC in Civil Engineering (15 months CTEVT sub overseer course) with 2 years experience WASH sector especially in water supply network OR Plumber training course from CTEVT with 3 years’ experience especially in pipe laying work
- Familiar with child right and child protection issues & policy
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in Nepali / local language.
Interested individuals are requested to visit www.uems.org.np for job application form. Suitable Nepalese candidates are requested to compulsorily submit only the completed job application form disclosing the expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the ‘position title’ in the subject line by 14th September 2018.
UEMS encourages applications from individuals belonging to marginalized sections of society. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained.
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||07 Sep, 2018|
|Apply Before||14 Sep, 2018|