Sr. Software Engineer - PHP
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Details / requirements:
- Participate in software development to meet client’s expectations and functional requirements.
- Participate in project discussion/analysis to assess business requirements, gather information and recommend optimal business solutions.
- Identify bugs and performance issues by testing software on a functional and non-functional level.
- Timely monitor/review team member’s performance and mentor/train them where required.
- Contribute to the knowledge base via project documentation, best practice solutions and engage in consultations with the Project manager for process/product improvements.
- Conduct research in technical and functional domains to facilitate continuous learning for both oneself and team members.
- Collaborate effectively within the team, demonstrating strong teamwork skills to collectively develop software solutions
- Report periodically to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- 4+ years of work experience; along with strong interest in Software Development and Programming.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to carry on a business conversation at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new trends and technology in IT.
- Demonstrated experience of engaging with senior management in both technical and functional capacities.
- Willingness to travel outside country as per need.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
- Fintech and Mobile App/product experience is a plus.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Proven experience as a PHP Developer.
- Experience of PHP framework such as Laravel, Yii will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of database technologies (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge/Experience of front-end technologies like Angular, React, HTML/ CSS.
- Strong Understanding and experience of Unit Testing frameworks like PHPUnit.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture.
- Good understanding of OOPS, Solid principles and other design patterns.
- Experience of Cloud environments like Aws and Azure will be an added advantage
- Experience of Agile Methodology and knowledge of JIRA or Issue tracker tools like Redmine, Mantis is a plus.
- Prior knowledge in version control system like GIT, SVN, and Mercurial will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 December 2023.