Sr. Software Engineer-Java
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Participate on software development to meet client’s expectations and functional requirements.
- Participate in project discussion/analysis to assess business requirements, gather information and recommend optimal business solutions.
- Identify bugs, performance issues by testing software in functional and non-functional level.
- Timely monitor/review team member’s performance and guide/train where required.
- Contribute to knowledge base via project documentation, best practice solutions and consult with Project manager for process/product improvements.
- Research on technical and functional domains and pave way for self and the team members
- Work with team as a good team player to develop software solutions
- Report periodically to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- 4+ years of work experience; along with strong interest in Software Development and Programming.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with innovative solution.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to carry on a business conversation at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new trends and technology in IT.
- Experience of interactions with senior management both in a technical and functional role.
- Willingness to travel outside country as per need.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
- POS or Fintech experience is a plus.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Proven experience as a Java Developer familiarity with common stacks.
- Strong understanding of OOPS, Solid principles and other design patterns.
- Knowledge/Experience of back-end language framework such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, hibernate is a plus
- Knowledge/Experience of front-end technologies like Angular, React, HTML/ CSS
- Good understanding of database technologies (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL),
- Understanding of web servers (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, glassfish, JBoss)
- Strong Understanding and experience of Unit Testing framework Junit, Mockito.
- Experience of Cloud environments like Aws and Azure is a plus.
- Experience of Agile Methodology and knowledge of JIRA or Issue tracker tools like Redmine, Mantis is a plus.
- Prior knowledge in version control system like GIT, SVN, and Mercurial will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to email@example.com by October 11 , 2023.