Sr. IPM technician officer/IPM technicians/ Farmer facilitator
About Sarbodaya Nepal Sarbodaya Nepal is founded on the ten years extensive works experience of Fondazione UN Raggion di Luce Onlus (FRL/the Italian foundation) in Nepal. As continuation of transformative projects of FRL in Nepal, Sarbodaya Nepal has been emerged as an NGO in 2014 and registered in district administration office Lalitpur with affiliation to Social Welfare Council Nepal. Sarobdaya Nepal works to provide assistance to those in need irrespective of their race, sex, religion, nationality or political conviction. Currently, it is implementing projects in five districts of Nepal viz Lalitpur, Kavre Palanchok, Dolakha, Jumla and Nuwakot in the areas of humanitarian assistance and development. It adopts empowerment, human right based, integrated and collaborative approach while designing and implementing projects/programs.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Sarbodaya Nepal is a national NGO implementing integrated pest management (IPM), as part of Nepal Livelihood and Resilience Program of Cartias Nepal in Kathmandu and Lalitpur districts. In this context, Sarbodaya Nepal is seeking application from qualified Nepalese citizen for the following positions.
(1)Sr. IPM technician officer (as project coordinator):1
- Senor Program officer will work directly under supervision and monitoring of Executive Director and support to other programs of Sarbodaya Nepal as per need or as per assigned given by ED. To coordinate the overall program and supervise to subordinate staff
- Mainly responsible for reporting (tabulation, compilation, monthly, half yearly, annual narrative report develop), case study/best practices documentation, facilitation in program implementation.
- Provide technical backstopping to staff and farmers, coordinate with stakeholders and local government, Support in program development, planning,
- Undertake program Monitoring & Evaluation as per need
Required Qualifications: B. sc. Ag with IPM TOT(at least 12 days), At least 1-2 years working experience in related field, At least 3-5 FFSIPM facilitated/conducted Basic knowledge of Ms word, excel, PowerPoint Presentation. The candidate should be fluent both in Nepali and English Languages communication.
(2) IPM technicians-3
- The IPM technicians will be responsible to assist in report tabulation and compilation; provide technical backstopping in IPM/Rooftop farming, HVC Farming and other activities
- Assist to IPM technician officer or Coordinator to finalizing reports
- Mainly facilitate the FFS extension in IPM for rice and vegetables, High Value Crop Farming, Social concerns, DRR activities
- Report preparation (narrative and case study) and collection as per need, Implementation of program activities/component
- Assist to Coordinator or IPM technician officers
Min qualification: SLC or intermediate, at least 5-7 years working experience in related field
IPM TOT is compulsory and at least 10-15 FFSIPM facilitated/conducted
(3) Farmer facilitator
- Famer Facilitator will be responsible to assist in report tabulation and compilation; provide technical backstopping in IPM/Rooftop farming, HVC Farming and other activities
- Facilitate the FFS extension in IPM for rice and vegetables, High Value Crop Farming, Social concerns, DRR activities
- Collection of case study and field reports, undertake regular field visits
- Support to implement the program activities/component
- Assist to senior staff or IPM technicians and Coordinator and IPM technicians.
Required qualifications: SLC, at least 1-2 years working experience in related field
IPM TOT is compulsory and at least 3-5 FFSIPM facilitation.
Interested qualified and experienced individuals are request to apply at Sarbodaya@sarbodaya.org.np , email@example.com , no later than 15th of September 2019. Telephone inquiries are strictly prohibited. Candidates from disadvantage groups and womans are encourage to apply.