Position:Sr. HR & Admin Officer
|Supervision: HR Officer, Admin Officer & Logistic Procurement Officer|
|Duty Station: One Heart Worldwide (OHW) |
Purpose of the position:
Under the direct supervision of Admin & Finance Director, Sr. Human Resource & Admin Officer will be responsible for an overall management of Human Resources (HR), administrative, logistic & procurement functions .
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for smooth operation of HR functions of in compliance with OHW Nepal Employee Manual.
- Ensure timely initiation of recruitment process, development and announcement of vacancy advertisements and oversee the hiring process.
- Ensure orientation about the organization, job responsibilities and policies to all new staff, and to all staff whenever there is a revision in policies/procedures.
- Manage the staff contract for issuance, renewal and revision.
- Provide guidance to different unit’s line managers and staff on performance management focusing on staff development plans and performance appraisals
- Maintain a matrix of staff for professional development, identify opportunities for development& facilitate implementation of such development plan.
- Coach & mentor concerned staff to ensure they have the appropriate skill required by their positions.
- Facilitate the staff handover/exit process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR policy and procedures.
- Focal person for safety and Security of OHW Nepal and ensure a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility meeting safety standards.
- Provide support in operations of OHW Nepal office in Kathmandu.
- Develop contracts in compliance with OHW and applicable rules and regulations, and maintain track of all contracts and ensure timely payments.
- Facilitate and arrange logistics for international travels.
- Coordinate with the government organizations as and when required.
- Ensure that appropriate reporting to governmental organizations is provided in timely manner.
Logistic & Procurement
- Develop annual procurement plan.
- Involve in the procurement process, bid evaluation, assess the cost-effectiveness of the procurement and ensure followed processes are in compliance with the OHW rules and regulations, and other applicable procurement procedures.
- Ensure timely procurement of equipment for the projects.
- Ensure contractual documents including procurement files are properly maintained.
- Oversee and involved in the inventory management ensuring that all records are up to date.
- Coordinate and liaison with the concerned department, external stakeholders for clearing donated items.
- Suggest updates to OHW policies - Nepal Employee Manual in accordance with local laws and procurement policies, assets management policies and implement those policies and procedures to ensure OHW Nepal operates in an efficient and compliant manner to improve operations.
- Prepare respective units’ budget.
Job Specifications (minimum job requirements):
Academic qualification and work experience:
- Master’s degree in related field, preferred specialization in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the related field (Human Resources, Administration) with at least 2 years of proven experience in a supervisory role with involvement in strategic human resource management role.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, dynamic, team player and strategic thinker.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and explain the rules and regulations.
- Excellent standard of spoken and written Nepali and English languages.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet programs
- The workstation will be in Kathmandu with field visits as needed