Software Engineer Java
Nyaya Health Nepal, a Nepal-based NGO, improves healthcare for underserved communities in Nepal, in partnership with the Ministry of Health. Our integrated healthcare approach involves two teaching hospitals, a professionalized community health worker network, and strategic use of data and technology to connect patient records from hospital to home. Our more than 250 staff provide integrated care from home to hospital to over 200,000 community members, provide over 100,000 hospital visits, and conduct over 5,000 surgical procedures annually.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nyaya Health Nepal is seeking an entrepreneurial "Software Engineer" to develop and integrate diverse products into Electronic Health Record (EHR). S/he is responsible to enhance the EHR features, maintain, and support EHR. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis.
- Track record of reliable and quality work with time management skills
- Self-starter and a Problem solver with a passion and ability to learn quickly and ability to work well with other team members
- Interest in research and open source softwares
- Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering /Information Technology or a related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in related fields.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
1. Development and Integration of products across diverse systems for the integrated Electronic Health Records (EHR) platform.
2. Follow the Agile Development approach.
3. Clean Delivery of Works and Take ownership of the integrated EHR product.
Areas of Responsibility (AoR)
Development and Integration of products across diverse systems for the integrated Electronic Health Records (EHR) platform.
- Teamwork to ensure timely delivery of product per requirement specifications through to implementation
- Further develop integration between diverse systems like OpenMRS, OpenELIS, OpenERP/Odoo, DCM4Che, DHIS2, OpenIMIS
- Ensure usability is at the forefront of all designs.
- Use of Open source software and communications in the community
- Regularly communicate progress and setbacks to Team Lead.
Follow the agile development approach
- Estimate the effort to implement User Stories
- Development to achieve sprint goals.
- Implementing test cases
- Unit and initial Acceptance testings
- Identify obstacles and informing the Scrum Master
- Daily Scrum meetings
Clean Delivery of Works and Take ownership of the integrated EHR product.
- Handover of the works after sufficient testing.
- Technical documentations of the accomplished works.
- Provide technical input when needed, effectively communicating technical concepts to Team lead.
- Communicate and collaborate with the global Bahmni coalition
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Software Engineer (Java) may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Software Engineering Manager
Please go to THIS LINK to apply for the position. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If your application is a good fit, we will follow-up with you directly. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an interview to initiate the interview process.