Senior System Engineer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. Weâ€™re a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Veriskâ€™s businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Job Title: Senior System Engineer
We are looking for a talented and passionate System Engineer on our technology team. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated individual with strong technical, problem-solving, and communication skills to join our engineering team. The team is responsible for supporting, maintaining production systems and applications. The candidate will be working in a dynamic, fast paced agile environment whose responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support
- Troubleshoot issues (Network and System)
- Analyze, install, monitor, and support of application and/or Operating System
- Maintain a high performing network infrastructure through routine monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Coordinates with service providers and vendors to ensure reliable service
- Support and troubleshoot WAN/LAN circuits and services
- Manage a variety of support requests to completion to support the needs of our users and clients
- Adopting and working on new technology
- 4+ years of technical hands on experience, supporting and administering application and systems
- Positive, energetic, and self-driven attitude to continually develop technical skills and troubleshoot issues
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience in administering Windows/Linux systems, user management and application support
- Experience with Linux, Unix, DNS, LDAP/AD as well as Linux shell/Python/PowerShell scripting is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM is a plus
- Good knowledge of Networking (CCNA/CCNP or equivalent work experience)
- Expert in LAN and WAN management and troubleshooting, supporting multiple remote locations
- Knowledge of SD-WAN, SD-Branch
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services a plus
- Familiarity in DevOps tools (Chef/Ansible) is a plus