Senior Software Engineer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Senior Software Engineer
Kathmandu, NP Full-Time
We are an exciting, USA-based technology company with a great history of software engineering in Kathmandu. We invite you to join a team and advance your career in developing internet web applications using the most advanced modern technologies.
- Work with the team to help solve business problems.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
- Write high-quality distributed system software.
- Work in agile software development with every sprint of 15 days, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Participate in new application solutions, development, and modification of the front-end, as well as of the business logic, and build Web API/ Web services.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Always open to feedback, new ideas, and opportunities for self-improvement.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.
- Passionate about maximizing business value.
- Look for ways to help out beyond the scope of your day-to-day work
- Regularly attend daily stand-ups and team meetings.
- Full stack engineer.
- Hands-on experience primarily with NodeJS. Python and Golang are a big plus.
- Experience with typescript.
- A big plus with experience in Nest and Next Framework.
- Exposure to AWS architecture, concepts, and other DevOps tools.
- High-level knowledge of APIs and libraries.
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL and NoSQL), and Unix/Linux (including shell scripting).
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment processes.
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Developing, building, and maintaining APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Taking storyboards, wireframes, and concept art to highly polished
- responsive commercial web applications and interactive experiences.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle; front-end and back-end web application development; implementing business logic and developing user interfaces.
- Familiar with tools like Jira, Git, Trello, Moqups, Figma, and so on.
- Security-minded and always keeping an eye out for potential threats and vulnerabilities in your code.
- Clear communicator and educator – the ability to communicate with team members.
- Leadership abilities to monitor and supervise a group of employees to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the organization.
- A track record of technical leadership and being a knowledge resource for your colleagues.
- Self-motivated and self-directed; Fast learner.
- Strong English communication and documentation skills.
- Top-notch organization skills.
- Passion for teamwork and collaboration.
- A friendly, competitive, and creative working environment.
- Competitive salary (Greater than the market for deserving candidates).
- 5 working days in a week.
- We pay Festival Bonus for our employees.
- We provide Paid leave, Sick leave, Paternity Leave, Maternity Leave, and the National Holidays as per the Nepal Calendar.
- We provide leave carry forward too.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 3+ Years of non-internship professional full-stack software development experience.
- Our team members are from different time zones, so you might need to work based on the time requirement of the job.
- We are in hybrid mode. Must be located in Kathmandu and able to work in our offices.
- Team meetings according to project demands across various time zones hold significant importance.