Senior Manager Operations
Dharma Adventures has been operating trips in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan for over 26 years. The company handles mainly deluxe and luxury clients and has offices set up in Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Dharma Adventures Pvt. Ltd, a luxury adventure travel company, catering to an upmarket clientele, is looking for qualified and skilled full time professionals for the positions specified below.
Senior Manager Operations
- Lead and develop the team in delivering operational services at agreed service levels consistent with company standards.
- Supervise daily operations of the department. Address operational issues and concerns in a timely manner, and ensure that that the department’s tasks are executed in smooth and efficient manner.
- Ensure a high level of cooperation/communication/coordination between Operational team and other departments with all functions in the organization.
- Provide performance counseling where necessary, both reactively to improve performance and proactively to foster professional development
- Make / coordinate bookings as and when required and ensure that the booked services are delivered as promised.
- Monitor and report on all issues pertaining to the operation, escalating to the Senior Management as and when required.
- Generate operational reports for management as needed.
- Respond to all urgent incidents reported by field staff, partners or operation officers.
- Ensure all guides, tour leaders and relevant parties receive up to date tour information.
- Perform duties as per the directions of the Sr. Management.
- Safeguarding of Company assets
- Minimum Bachelors degree – preferably in Travel & Tourism (BTTM)
- Minimum 10 years experience in similar role.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office – especially MS Excel.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both English & Nepali (verbally and written) is a must
- Self-motivated, resourceful, highly independent, innovative, creative, and results-oriented
- Dynamic, outgoing, with excellent interpersonal skill and with the ability to take initiative and carry out assigned jobs to completion
- Manage time and resources well and demonstrate good organizational and strong leadership ability
- Candidate must have experience in working within a travel agency operations and a deep understanding of hotel, flight, car bookings and creating packages
- Be able to build relationships and maintain existing connection with travel suppliers i.e. Hotels, Airlines, Car rental companies, guides, etc.
- Experience in handling air bookings and ticketing is preferred.
- Attractive Remuneration, Yearly review, Bonus, Incentives, Tips, and end of service gratuity and other allowances like transport, child, etc. (subject to eligibility).
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes: medical insurance, whole body care package, general dental package (annually) to staff and their eligible dependents.
- Group Accidental Insurance: group accidental life insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, and workers compensation insurance.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply in confidence with a resume and a recent PP size photo to HR@dharma.com.np by 13 December 2019.