Quality Control Advisor (National Volunteer)
The Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) combats poverty and exclusion by strengthening the development capacity of disadvantaged communities, supporting initiatives for peace, human rights and equity, mobilizing resources and promoting the exchange of know-how.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position title: Quality Control Advisor (National Volunteer)
City, country: Kathmandu, Nepal
Organization and brief description:
CECI seeks to improve the social and economic well-being of the poorest, most disadvantaged people in communities in Africa, Asia and the Americas and volunteers are at the core of this work. Ensuring women and young women are empowered and fully play their role as agents of change for a sustainable, inclusive development is central to CECI's work. CECI volunteers work towards women and young women's economic empowerment and the climate change resilience of communities by sharing their skills and expertise and working hand in hand with local partners.
Partner: Established in 1996 as an NGO, Fair Trade Group Nepal has 32 member organizations located in Kathmandu, Janakpur, Pokhara and Phidim. More than 10,000 underprivileged producers directly benefit while approximately 45,000 people indirectly benefit through handicraft, agro food, non-timber forest product (NTFP) focused income generating programs and other activities of FTG Nepal and its member organizations. Fair Trade Group Nepal (FTG Nepal) is a national network of Fair-Trading organizations in Nepal working with the aim to uplift the socio-economic status of underprivileged and marginalized producers of Nepal through Livelihood promotion and entrepreneurship development.
Length of posting: 4 months
- Identify the key quality assurance/ control issues of the member organizations
- working in the agro-food sector;
- Provide consultancy to members with pertinent issues for improved quality control mechanisms and technical know-hows;
- Conduct workshop on Quality food production processes including sub-topics such as Good Manufacturing Practices/Procedures (GMP), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), relevant issues and control mechanisms by Department of Food Technology and Quality Control (DFTQC) and other relevant issues;
- Provide guidance to members regarding quality assurance and certification processes such as ISO certification, organic certification, HACCP certification and any other certification procedures.
- Integrate gender equality in all activities with emphasis on the participation and representation of women and young women.
- Integrate environmental issues and climate change adaptation in all activities.
- Commit to collaborate to write an article, in an activity or in an event that raises awareness among the Canadian public.
- Make sure to respect, at all times, the organisation's guides, manuals, guidelines or instructions related to security and safety.
- Write the reports required by the partner organization and the CECI program
- Master’s in Food Technology/ Biotechnology or in relevant field.
- Good knowledge of the Quality assurance procedures and certification processes in Nepal;
- Good knowledge of quality control mechanisms and technical know-hows to address quality control related issues;
- Previous experience in working in agro-food industry preferably in Quality control.
- Excellent communication and consultancy skill.
- Ability to guide the member organizations.
The volunteer will be based in FTG Nepal office Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur with frequent visit to member organizations inside Kathmandu and if required, on the out skirts of Kathmandu.
Interested candidates should apply electronically with updated biodata by 27 June 2022 in the following address.
Email address: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview.
- No telephone inquiries will be entertained with respect to this announcement.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged groups/areas (Dalit, Janjati/Indigenous, Madheshi, Muslim, LGBTIQ and Economic and/or geographically excluded districts) are encouraged to apply.