Project manager-Eye Hospital
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Start Date: 1st Apr 2021
Employment Type: Contractual
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Manage establishment of Alina eye hospital in Nijgadh.
About Alina Vision
Alina Vision (AV) https://www.alinavision.com/is working to bring about a world in which no person will suffer needless blindness or visual impairment. AV seek to scale affordable eye care into new markets by launching a global network of eye hospitals. AV uses a for-profit social enterprise model supported by centralized financing and operational technical assistance. AV surgery centers deliver high-quality and sustainable eye care for people of all income groups, actively reaching out to serve those excluded from mainstream healthcare systems. Alina vision is headquartered in Singapore and has its operations in Vietnam. Alina vision in collaboration with Tilganga Eye Hospital is opening an eye hospital in Nijgadh.
About the Position
Alina Vision is recruiting a project manager who will be responsible for establishment of secondary level eye hospital in Nijgadh. This position’s primary responsibilities are to manage the implementation of Alina Eye Hospital in Nijgadh, manage partner relations with TIO and Nijgadh municipality. Key deliverables will be setting up the facility, manage renovation, regulatory approvals, and support operationalization of the hospital. The provision of this must be to the most efficient and effective methods available. Ensuring the management of any out of line situations and escalations are managed in a timely and appropriate manner and communicated back to the Chief Operating Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Identify suitable building to set up hospital
· Evaluate buildings based on renovation requirement, rent and utility.
· Support in finalizing the building and signing lease
Project Management- Building design and Construction
· Provide input & guidance in building plans based on regulation and development authority requirements.
· Facilitate selection of contractors for civil, plumbing, electrical and partition work.
· Facilitate signing of agreement with contractors.
· Monitor performance of contractor to ensure quality, timely and cost-efficient construction is being adopted.
· Manage contractor payments.
Project Management- Regulatory requirements
· Develop detailed regulatory requirements plans along with timelines to initiate- Hospital registration, Fire registration, Waste management, Lift license, Labour law requirements others if any
· Obtain necessary regulatory approvals.
Support- HR Recruitment
· Support in recruitment of Ophthalmic assistants and other admin staff
· Support in identifying outsourcing agency to hire cleaning and security staff.
Project Management- Equipment Installations
· Ensure all equipments, air conditioner, generator and other building materials are received on good condition.
· Ensure necessary certification- safety/environmental received for necessary equipments.
· Coordinate with vendors and ensure installation of all equipments on timely manner.
· Document equipment warranty details and regular maintenance requirements. Hand over the file to Maintenance in charge once recruited.
· Provide necessary support and ensure smooth transition of facility to operations team
· Hand over all regulatory registration documents and details of due for renewal if any to Hospital Administrator
· Communicating to Chief operating officer throughout process
· Managing all exceptions and escalations effectively
· Participate internal meetings, share reports.
· Ensuring CEO and Board have accurate and timely information
· Identify continuous improvement programs for future builds
· Document best practices
Skills and Attributes
· Hospital management
· Multi-tasking- Ability to manage different tasks
· Co-ordination skills - ability to assess overall situation in order to manage the project successfully
· Ability to meet deadlines and accurately attend to details;
· Excellent planning, time management, decision-making and organization skills;
· Self-motivated team player with desire and ability to learn rapidly;
· Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision;
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to use PCs, Microsoft software, web meeting applications and stay current with relevant technology and innovation;
· Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali are essential. Knowledge of a third language shall be an advantage;
· Exceptional verbal, written, analytical, presentation, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Understanding of eye hospital patient flow process, instruments and equipment being used
Master of Business Administration/ Master of Hospital Administration and other relevant post-graduation degree with 5 years of experience in Hospital project management. Preference to be given if handled hospital construction projects previously. Understanding of legal and accreditation requirements for eye hospital will be an added advantage.
· Timely implementation of agreed tasks
· Performance against agreed targets
· Cost management
· Regular communication process
· Further measurements to be agreed with COO
To work at Alina Vision, you will:
• Undergo background check including criminal records and qualifications check
• Undergo working with children check for positions which are identified as working with children.
if you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alina vision offers competitive salary commensurate to experience