Principal Software Engineer - Data Engineering
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Details / requirements:
- Work directly with Product Owners and business users to continuously improve our data products in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Work directly with product owners and Chief Design Officer in architecture and design discussions for continuous improvement of the data products.
- Lead and participate in defining technical solutions, architecture improvements, technical reviews, and code reviews
- Lead the development of product features.
- Participate and lead architecture and design discussions for integration and implementation strategy for various customers.
- Lead and conduct proof of concepts for implementations.
- Serve as a technical mentor and advisor for multiple projects simultaneously. In this role, you won't serve as a team lead, but act rather as a mentor and advisor to assist and empower the team leads.
- Introduce new skills and knowledge into the team adding to the already dynamic environment our Data Engineering team has created
- Oversee activities of the junior data engineering teams, ensuring proper execution of their duties and alignment with business vision and objectives.
- Perform actions as deemed fit for the proper execution of their duties that has been delegated to them.
- Work with the project and product management teams to develop, mentor, and coach development teams to enhance team capabilities, boost overall effectiveness, and foster the individual growth of team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Master’s Degree is preferable.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant field along with strong interest in Data Engineering,Software implementation and Process Management.
- Proven experience in leading concurrent projects and task by managing a team of technical staffs.
- Excellent communication skill and proven ability to carry on a business conversation at all levels.
- Strong Leadership and decision-making skill.
- Willingness to travel outside the country as per need.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Sound knowledge and hands on experience of building data pipelines, datasets, platforms, architecture, structures, visualizations, and data modelling from raw and unstructured data.
- Proficiency in Python, or in any other language with a strong commitment to learn and be proficient in Python
- Demonstrated ability to write clear code, document and store in version control system like GIT.
- Experience and understanding of data warehouse design and implementation
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of relational databases and query languages. Highly proficient in SQL and knows all data warehouse, modelling, and analytics concepts
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience building data products incrementally and managing various integrations and resources
- Experience developing dashboards and reports.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2023.