Principal ML Engineer
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are looking for a self-driven, motivated and result oriented professional to be part of our dynamic team as a “Principal ML Engineer”. Details of the same have been highlighted below;
- Work on solution-crafting pre-defined business problems that require Data Science approaches.
- Contribute to client sessions from conceptual framework to detailed design.
- Formulate innovative solutions that best bridge any gaps between a client’s requirements and standard system functionality.
- Create polished, high quality deliverables on time.
- Effectively communicate with subordinates, peers, superiors, and clients in a way that drives deliverables forward and maintains open communication lines.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in Machine learning/AI.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development, demonstrates curiosity.
- Experience using languages such as R, Python and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning algorithms (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Experience working with and creating data architectures and data lake management.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Prior knowledge/experience of Pandas, Numpy, Matlab, Matplotlib, ggplot, Pytorch/Tensorflow, Apache Spark, Keras, Go.
- Knowledge in version control system like GIT, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Experience of leading a team/unit.
- Knowledge/Experience of Project management and Agile Scrum practices.
- Willing to travel outside the country as per need.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to email@example.com by 28 September 2022.