Principal Engineer (.Net)
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Principal Engineer (.Net)
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
We are looking for a strong and motivated software developer to work as part of a team developing and implementing innovative software solutions. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, QA engineers, and product owners in a fast-paced and cutting-edge environment. You will use your deep technical knowledge and experience to build robust, efficient, and performant software applications. You will always find new challenges that excite you and keep you motivated.
- Design and develop software applications supporting business objectives
- Maintain, enhance, and support existing applications
- Analyze and debug applications in development and production environments and resolve production issues within the accepted timeframes
- Lead design and architecture meetings
- Serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups, and various business support areas
- Participate in code reviews
- Perform thorough Unit/Integration Testing of assigned applications
- Write technical documentation and release notes for the applications
- Provide technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
- 5-10 years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance
- Experience designing and developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns
- Solid experience and understanding in the following technologies: NET Core, C#, ASPNET Web API, JSON/XML, NUnit, Moq, LINQ, Entity Framework, IoC frameworks, CI/CD, Redis
- Experience working with AWS technologies like AWS Batch, Lambda, S3, SQS, etc.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Solid understanding of parallel programming, async/await, and the TPL library
- Highly experienced at leading teams, interacting with business partners or customers, and guiding project direction
- Superior organization skills, skilled at recognizing priorities and keeping the team focused on the most important features
- Developed software in the SCRUM environment using Agile methodologies
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities
- Must have strong troubleshooting, code optimization, and refactoring skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology
- Must have a passion for development and the latest technologies
- Experienced at leading a team and mentoring junior developers
- Experienced at translating high-level requirements into logical tasks and identifying the technical requirements for each task
- Experience working with internal customers, research groups, and various business support areas.
Nice to have:
- Multi-threaded programming experience in both procedural and functional paradigms
- Familiarity working with Elasticsearch and Cloud-based solutions in AWS
- Interest in performance
- Production experience with SPA UI technologies like Angular or React
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
- Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
- Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
- Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
|Category||Engineering - Software, Software Development|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Posted Date||05 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||04 Jun, 2023|